To open and read an e-book (electronic book) on your computer or device:
- Open Destiny Discover. Follow the link on the left of Mrs. Konopack's page.
- Click on the "Search Options" plus sign to the right of the search bar.
- Under Format, select E-Book. Click "Set Options".
- Type your search term in the search bar.
- Start on the main Destiny Library Search screen (aka Destiny Back Office)
- Narrow your search to "Material Type" --> "electronic book"
- Continue searching until an e-book is retrieved. E books show an e inside a box, next to the title.
- Click on the book.
- You must login to view the book. Username and password is your student ID number. Then you are allowed to write notes, check out, leave reviews, and so on. (In a pinch, you can use Username Elms & Password = guest )
- Staff should use the username and password used to login every morning.
- Only one user may read a book at a time. If some one is reading a book, it will not open for another person. Please close the book you have finished, or check it back in.
- Use the arrows at the sides to move to another page. Please return to page 1 when finished, sliding the bar at the bottom.
- Some books will play audio if there is a speaker symbol on the bottom left.
- Destiny sometimes shows images of recently purchased books. They are not e-books and cannot be read on a device.