The Preschool Lottery Form for the 2024-2025 school year closed on Feb. 9, 2024.
We will be notifying families BY MARCH 1 (or sooner) if they were selected in the lottery.
We will update this announcement when those notifications go out, so you know to look for them.
We kindly ask that you do not call the office to inquire about whether you were selected in the lottery prior to March 1,
so we can focus on organizing the placements to prepare to notify all of our parents.
If you missed putting your name into the lottery, please use this Preschool Waiting List Form
- If you already filled out a form on the lottery - you do NOT need to join this waitlist. People who were in the lottery but who were not chosen will be automatically put on the waiting list in the order their names were pulled in the lottery.
- This waitlist is first-come, first served. A preschool team member will contact families if a spot is available in the order they are listed on the waitlist.
LOTTERY INFORMATION FOR 2024-2025 (Lottery has CLOSED)
The Jackson School District is holding our annual PRESCHOOL LOTTERY for placement in the 2024-2025 Preschool Inclusion Program. This program is offered to families for FREE, thanks to a competitive grant the district earned.
To determine placement in the Preschool Inclusion Program, each year we hold Preschool LOTTERY.This lottery determines the order you will be contacted to register in our program. Families currently enrolled in our district preschool program do NOT need to reapply and do not need to fill out this lottery form.
Please use this form to enter the Preschool Lottery:
- The lottery opens Monday, Jan. 22, 2024 at 9 a.m. and will close on Friday, Feb. 9, 2024 at 4 p.m.
- After the lottery closes, we will draw names at random from all those who entered the lottery by the deadline - and reach out to invite those families to begin the registration process.
- Please do not complete any other registration paperwork until you have been notified that you were selected in the lottery.
- You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your form as a record that it has been received - it is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT that you put the correct email on this form so we can communicate with you.
- The program is open to students who will turn 3 or 4 years old by Oct. 1, 2024.
- You must indicate what your HOME ELEMENTARY SCHOOL is in the form. If you do not know your home school, please use this link to search for your address (put in K as the grade) http://bus.jacksonsd.org/elinkrp/search.aspx
- If you cannot determine your home elementary school, use the last option in that question and we will search it for you.
- Transportation will be offered to eligible residents (i.e. if the location of your home qualifies for transportation to your home district school). Please note that if your home is considered a “walking” area to your home elementary school, you will not receive transportation.
IMPORTANT LOTTERY INFORMATION:
If you have any questions, please contact the Pre-School Office at 732-833-4677. For more information about the program, visit www.jacksonsd.org/preschool.
- Your position in the lottery determines the order in which we offer you a preschool placement - it does not guarantee placement in your home school. We offer placements in order, according to the randomly drawn lottery positions.
- The Jackson School District is committed to placing students at their home elementary schools whenever possible. However, due to capacity limits and logistics, you may be offered a placement at a school that is not your home school. This is done at the district's discretion.