Preschool Program Information
Preschool Lottery for the 2022-2023 school year is now closed
Would you like your 3- or 4-year-old to attend the Jackson School District’s Preschool Inclusion Program During the 2022-2023 School year? It’s time to join the annual Preschool Lottery!
The district earned a $3.1 million grant from the State of New Jersey to expand our Preschool Inclusion Program and to provide free preschool to Jackson residents. To determine placement in the Preschool Inclusion Program, each year we hold Preschool LOTTERY. (Families currently enrolled in our district preschool program do NOT need to reapply.) This lottery determines the order you will be contacted to register in our program.
- The lottery opens Monday, Jan. 17, 2022 and will close at 3 p.m. on Feb. 4, 2022.
- After that date, we will draw names at random from those who entered the lottery and reach out to invite those families to begin the registration process.
- Please do not complete any registration paperwork until you have been notified that you were selected in the lottery.
- The program is open to students who will turn 3 or 4 years old by Oct. 1, 2022.
- There are limited additional spots available at all elementary schools.
See the Preschool Lottery Page for More Details
and for the Form to Enter the Lottery
What is the Jackson School District Pre-School Program?
The Pre-School Inclusion Program is an educational environment that provides students who are 3 and 4 years old a developmentally appropriate early learning experience within the school district. Students must reach the age of 3 or 4 by Oct. 1 of a given school year. It is a full-day program.
Special needs and typically developing pre-schoolers will come together in an inclusive classroom where language, academic and social skills will be developed in a nurturing environment. Enrollment is open to pre-school students who live in Jackson. As of Sept. 20, 2021, there is no cost, thanks to a $3.1 million grant.
The curriculum design and implementation are based on the New Jersey Department of Education’s Pre-School Teaching and Learning Standards and the Pre-School Implementation Guidelines.
- Child Care is available
- Taught by certified teachers
- Developmentally appropriate, fun and interactive early learning experience within the Jackson School District
- Easy transition to Kindergarten - program is aligned with Jackson School District curriculum
For cost information, see the RATES page.
Pre-School Program: 732-833-4677
Special Education Placements: 732-833-4657