Welcome to Mrs. Villecco's Page
Week of April 20th: Welcome back!
Please remember to read, read, read every single day. You can read in a variety of ways - by yourself, to someone, with someone, or listening to someone read but please make sure you are engaged in reading.
Here we go with week 5, by now many of you have set up schedules and are becoming rockstars. You are amazing!
Here are some weekly activities to have fun with. In addition, should you need any help with the work your teacher posted, I am here for you!
Kindergarten - Literacy
- Letter Scavenger hunt. Print these cards (or make your own with scraps paper, index cards, post-it notes, whatever you have around the house)hide the letters in random places. Set a timer and search for the cards. Once the timer goes off, return to a commonplace and “read” the letters and say the sound the letter makes.
First and Second Grade - Literacy
- Record yourself reading on RAZ-KIDS. Don't have an account? Email me to set you up. Send me an email to let me know you recorded yourself reading, I'll send you a reward and a personal message providing feedback.
- Play Roll and Read using this fun board game. Directions are at the top of the sheet. You can print or play using your device screen. Just need a die or scraps of paper to write the numbers 1-6.
Third - Fifth Grade -
Watch the Video Short - Boundin’ .Please watch multiple times. The more you watch the more you pick up on little (and big) details. Think about these discussion points.
- What problem does the sheep encounter?
- How does this problem change the sheep?
- Describe the sheep’s character/attitude in the beginning - middle and end.
- How does the “Jackalope” help the sheep?
- Can you think about a lesson you might have learned from this short film?