- Crawford-Rodriguez Elementary School
- Crawford-Rodriguez News Archive
October School Closings
School is closed on the following days in October:
Tuesday, October 1
Wednesday, October 9
Monday, October 14
October 3: Title I Family Pizza Night - 5:30pm
October 3: Fall Festival at Cicconi Farms – 4:30pm – 7:30pm
October 7: BNL Picture Day
October 7 – 11: Week of Respect
October 8: Grade 3 Dictionary Assembly - Thank you Jackson Rotary for the dictionaries!
October 18: School Spirit Day - Wear school colors (red, black and/or gray) and/or school spirit wear!
October 21-25: School Violence Awareness Week
October 22: DARE Assemblies - Grades K-4
October 28 – November 1: Red Ribbon Week
October 29: Fire Prevention Presentations - Grades Pre-K - 2
October 31: Happy Halloween! Class parties throughout the day.
Week of Respect Activities
Monday, October 7: Dress Your Best
Start off the Week of Respect and World Day of Bullying Prevention by wearing your best clothes! Remember it’s picture day too!
Tuesday, October 8: We Are Different
Wear mismatched clothes to remind us that we are all different, but we can still be friends! Students will be encouraged to play with a new friend at recess!
Thursday, October 10: The Golden Rule
Wear yellow or gold to promote respect and as a reminder to follow the Golden Rule, Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Friday, October 11: Respect Pledge and School Color Day
A pledge will be read during morning announcements. Students will also be asked to wear the school colors to unite and show respect for all.
School Violence Awareness Week Activities
Monday, October 21 - Wear Purple - the symbolic color for peace and anti-violence
Tuesday, October 22 - Wear T-shirts with positive slogans and messages on them to promote kindness
Wednesday, October 23–Wear Orange to be part of National Unity Day (united against bullying, for kindness, acceptance and inclusion)
Thursday, October 24–Wear Sneakers to stomp out violence
Friday, October 25 - Increase the Peace - Wear something tie dyed or with peace signs.
Red Ribbon Week Activities - Pledge to be Drug Free
Monday, October 28 - Get "Red"y for Red Ribbon Week - Wear the color red
Tuesday, October 29 - My Future Matters, I'm Drug Free - Take the Drug Free Pledge as a school community. Students and teachers sign red ribbon and hang on classroom door.
Wednesday, October 30–Being Drug Free is No Sweat - Wear your favorite sweatshirt/sweatpants
Thursday, October 31–Sock it to Drugs - Wear your craziest socks with your Halloween gear!
Friday, November 1 - Team Up and Stay in the Game - Wear your favorite team jersey.
Halloween celebrations are being planned for Thursday, October 31.
- The children who choose to participate should come to school dressed in their costumes and be prepared to remain in their costumes all day.
- Please keep in mind that costumes should be comfortable and allow for children to move freely and should not depict any sort of violence.
- Masks may not be worn during the school day, and no fake weapons of any kind will be allowed.
- Classroom parties will be planned throughout the day.
- The class coordinator will be providing information to you about the classroom party.
- Please be mindful that a teacher may plan a party with the children only or with selected parent volunteers. This is a class-by-class decision.
- The receptionist desk will have a listing of the parents who are attending. Only parents on the list at the receptionist desk will be able to attend the party, no exceptions. Visitors must sign in at the receptionist desk. Visitors to class parties will be receiving visitor stickers upon arrival. The visitor sticker should be worn while you are in the building at all times.
- If you are taking your child home after the festivities, you will sign your child out in the classroom. All parties will conclude by 2:30 p.m. to allow for classes to be ready for dismissal.