- Crawford-Rodriguez Elementary School
- Crawford-Rodriguez News Archive
Welcome Back to School
Dear Crawford-Rodriguez Wildcat Families,
Welcome everyone to the 2020-2021 school year! Each year in late August I begin writing a welcome back letter. I have made several attempts to write one this year and decided to wait until now as with the uniqueness of these times, changes occur daily.
Although I may not see many of you who have selected the option of remote learning, please know that you are still a part of Crawford-Rodriguez! I am available for any questions or concerns you may have and if I don’t have the answer, I will direct your question to the proper personnel.
Planning for this school year has been like none other. New procedures will be implemented this year in order to comply with the guidelines for school reopening.
Kindergarten - Grade 5: 8:45 AM - 1:15 PM
Preschool AM: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Preschool PM: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Preschool Full Day: 10:00AM - 2:30PM
First day of school for ALL students is Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
- We look forward to seeing our GROUP 2 students IN PERSON on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020.
- Students in GROUP 1 will learn remotely on Tuesday, Sept. 8. Students should visit their teacher’s class page for details on how to connect remotely that first day.
- Group 1 students will have their first “in-person” day on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
- Full remote students - check your teacher’s class page for details for the first day of school.
- The District Calendar for September and October has the schedule for Group 1 and Group 2. Check out your child’s teacher’s teacher page for details about the daily schedule, Google Classroom and any additional special information.
Safety Protocols Summarized
- Parents must complete the COVID Daily Screening Form by 8:05am each day your child will be attending school in person.
- Masks are to be worn at all times. Schedule mask breaks when socially distanced.
- Stagger entry and exit into classrooms as much as possible.
- Bathroom breaks to include hand washing protocols.
- Wash hands before and after transitions. If classrooms do not have sinks, hand sanitizers have been installed in classrooms.
- No unscheduled visitors allowed. Drop areas for student items in the vestibule (books, lunch, etc.)
- Students can bring their own water - no water fountains will be used.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned on a schedule.
- Emergency Evacuation Drills - suspended as per the department of education, to avoid large groups in the hallways and stairwells, teachers will discuss emergency drill procedures.
Parent Drop Off/ Parent Pick-Up: Stay in Your Car
Each day approximately 30 families will be dropping off and picking up their child from school. Saying goodbye to your child or children needs to happen quickly in order for drop off to end in time for students to be entering the building by 8:45am. Therefore your child or children need to be prepared to exit the car once given permission to do so by our security officer or other designated staff member. If you feel you need additional time to say goodbye to your child, please park and walk your child up to the staff member assisting with drop off.
- Drop off and Pick up is at the main entrance to the building NOT the bus ramp
- Drop off time: 8:35 - 8:45am
- Pick up time: 1:15 - 1:20pm
- If you arrive after 8:45am, you will need to park, walk your child into the school and sign your child in late with the receptionist
- If you arrive after 1:25pm, you will need to park and sign your child out at the receptionist desk
- Utilize both lanes to manage approximately 30 students being dropped off/picked up each day - The school security officer will manage each lane to ensure safety.
- Increased staff on duty to assist
- Students will line up with a teacher as they arrive by grade levels and line up for dismissal by grade levels
- Grade K-1: Use main stairs near receptionist for arrival and dismissal
- Grades 2-3: Use side stairwell near main entrance for arrival and dismissal
- Grades 4-5: Enter through side entrance - near emergency road for arrival and dismissal
Remain in your car for drop off and pick up - the students will be brought to you during dismissal.
Have your ID ready to present at dismissal. Students can only be picked up by contacts listed in the portal.
Breakfast and Lunch
IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- Breakfast: Students can pick up a packaged breakfast from the cafeteria upon arrival and will eat in their classroom.
- Lunch Procedures
- 3 Lunch Periods
- Grades 2 and 3: 10:25 - 10:55
- Grades 4 and 5: 10:55 - 11:25
- Grades K and 1: 11:25 - 11:55
- Only 2-3 classes will be in the lunchroom on a rotating schedule (up to 25 people in lunchroom) - remainder eating in classroom, 6 ft. social distancing in lunchroom
- Special area teachers will be assigned to classrooms and cafeteria
- Lunch aide assigned to lunchroom and to classrooms to distribute lunches
Remote Back to School for Hybrid
Back to School Night will be remote. Teachers will schedule two Google Meet Sessions. The session times will be as follows:
Session 1: 7:00 - 7:20pm
Session 2: 7:25 - 7:45pm
Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1 and 2: Monday, September 14
Grades 3-5: Thursday, September 17
Back to School Night information for full remote students will be provided to you from your child’s teacher.
School Closing in September
School will be closed on Monday, September 28.
Thank you to all of the parents that were able to attend the Zoom PTN meeting on Wednesday. It was wonderful seeing all of you! I cannot say enough about how special the Crawford-Rodriguez School Community is! Dr. Harrison and I feel incredibly fortunate to work with amazing teachers, support staff and families. We are truly all in this together! Looking forward to a wonderful school year!