- Crawford-Rodriguez Elementary School
Welcome Back! Sept. 2021
Dear Crawford-Rodriguez Wildcat Families,
Welcome everyone to the 2021-2022 school year! Thursday, September 9, the first day of school, is fast approaching. The assistant principal, Dr. Harrison, along with myself, the teachers and support staff are eager to get this school year started! I look forward to hearing about all of the family memories that were made this summer and I can’t wait to share with the students what I discovered about myself this summer…….I actually enjoy camping…..glamping style!
While planning for the upcoming school year, feedback provided from the community through surveys was taken into consideration. The positive feedback was much appreciated and areas of concern that were shared are understandable and very much understood.
Specific information from the district will be provided shortly on the specific protocol and guidelines for this school year.
What is most important is to continue to build on the strong community that we have collectively worked so hard to establish. As much as possible, our goal is to reestablish many of the events and activities that have occurred in previous school years. We understand the concerns about learning loss and will address those concerns through instructional practices to meet the diverse needs of students.
What is new for the upcoming school year is in grades 4 and 5 teachers will be teaming. In past years, grade 5 has teamed at Crawford-Rodriguez. When teaming, students have two teachers. One teacher provides English Language Arts instruction and the other teacher on the team will provide math, science, social studies and health instruction. Students will switch between the teachers, very similar to the middle school model of instruction. This plan is being implemented with grade 4 and 5 based on the maturity of the learners to work with two teachers and teachers having the ability to differentiate their instructional approach focusing on specific content areas.
School Hours and Calendar
School hours for all grades are 8:45am - 2:55pm. Here is the link to the district calendar 2021-2022 District Calendar.
The list of supplies provided are NOT required but are suggested. Once you know your child’s teacher assignment, periodically check your child’s teacher class page as they may update with school supplies information.
Backpack (big enough for a folder), tissues, paper plates, plastic cups, shaving cream, ziplock bags, baby wipes
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Pencil box, tissues
2 pocket folders, tissues
1 five subject spiral notebook with attached pocket folders or 3 single subject notebooks, 2 composition books, post-it notes, pencil box or bag, colored pencils, pocket folders, sharpened pencils, tissues
Pencil box or bag, pencil sharpener with shaving container, sharpened pencils, tissues
Pencil box or bag, highlighters, colored pencils, pencil sharpener with shaving container, post-it notes, sharpened pencils
All students will receive a red communication folder and students in grades 2-5 will receive planners courtesy of the PTN.
Parent Drop Off/ Parent Pick-Up
If you are planning on dropping off and picking up your child daily, please complete this Drop Off/Pick Up Information Form by Monday, August 30.
Drop off and Pick up is at the main entrance to the building NOT the bus ramp.
- Drop off time: 8:35 - 8:45am
- Pick up time: 2:55pm
- If you arrive after 8:45am, you will need to park, walk your child into the school and sign your child in late with the receptionist. For safety reasons, you cannot drop your child off and have them walk to the school main entrance unescorted by an adult.
- Have your ID ready to present at dismissal. Students can only be picked up by contacts listed in the portal.
Breakfast and Lunch
IMPORTANT: Pursuant to USDA Guidelines, ALL Jackson School District students are eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch for the school year. Limited snack choices will be available for purchase.
- Breakfast will be served daily in the cafeteria from 8:35 - 8:55am. Students will be eating breakfast in the cafeteria.
- All K - 5 students will be eating lunch in the cafeteria.
- Preschool students will eat breakfast and lunch in their classrooms.
Back to School Nights
Back to School Night will be in person on the following evenings beginning at 7:00 pm.
Grades Preschool - Grade 2: Monday, September 27
Grades 3 - 5: Tuesday, September 28
- SAVE THE DATE - PTN Bubbakoos Night Fundraiser: September 10 - more information to be provided
- Wear Red, White and Blue on Friday, September 10 in honor of Patriot Day which is Saturday, September 11.
- School Spirit Day - Friday, September 17 - wear school colors (red, black, gray) or school spirit CR Wildcat apparel
- SAVE THE DATE - PTN Movie Night (outside) - tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 17 - more information to be provided
School Closing in September
School will be closed on Thursday, September 16.
Looking forward to a wonderful school year!