- Crawford-Rodriguez Elementary School
- Principal's Page
October is a busy month full of fun and engaging activities at Crawford-Rodriguez!
October 1 – 5: Week of Respect
October 2: Grades K-2 Fire Prevention Lessons
October 2: Class Coordinator Meeting 9:45 - 10:45, Cafeteria
October 8: School Closed - Teacher In-Service Day
October 12: Grade 4 and 5 Internet Safety Assembly
October 15 – 19: School Violence Awareness Week
October 15: Lunchroom Library Meeting - 9:30-10:00am
October 15: Special Education Advisory Council Meeting - 6:30-8:30pm, Jackson Liberty High School
October 16: Board of Education Meeting - Jackson Memorial High School
October 22 – October 26: Red Ribbon Week
October 25: Grade K-5 DARE Assemblies
October 31: Halloween Class Celebrations
Week of Respect Activities
Tuesday, October 2: We Are All Different
Wear mismatched clothes to remind us that we are all different but we can still be friends.
Wednesday, October 3: Tip Your Hat
Wear a hat today to show you can respect others (with a tip of your hat!)
Thursday, October 4: The Golden Rule
Wear yellow or gold to promote respect and as a reminder to follow the Golden Rule, Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Friday, October 5: Respect Pledge and School Color Day
A pledge will be read during morning announcements. Students will also be asked to wear the school colors to unite and show respect for all.
School Violence Awareness Week Activities
Monday, October 15 - Wear Purple - the symbolic color for peace and anti-violence
Tuesday, October 16 - Wear t-shirts with positive slogans and messages on them to promote kindness
Wednesday, October 17 - Sock it to Violence Day - wear your most outrageous pair of socks to show unity and your personal stand against violence
Thursday, October 18 - Mix-It Up Day - Sit next to someone different at your lunch table or play with a new friend at recess
Friday, October 19 - Increase the Peace - Wear something tie dyed or with peace signs.
Red Ribbon Week Activities - Pledge to be Drug Free
Monday, October 22 - Get "Red"y for Red Ribbon Week - Wear the color red
Tuesday, October 23 - My Future Matters, I'm Drug Free - Take the Drug Free Pledge as a school community. Students and teachers sign red ribbon and hang on classroom door.
Wednesday, October 24 - National Unity Day - Wear the color orange to unite against bullying and agree to be kind, show acceptance and inclusion.
Thursday, October 25 - Follow Your Dreams - Wear your pajamas
Friday, October 26 - Team Up and Stay in the Game - Wear your favorite team jersey.
Halloween celebrations are being planned for Wednesday, October 31.
- The children who choose to participate should come to school dressed in their costumes and be prepared to remain in their costumes all day.
- Please keep in mind that costumes should be comfortable and allow for children to move freely and should not depict any sort of violence.
- Masks may not be worn during the school day, and no fake weapons of any kind will be allowed.
- Classroom parties will be planned throughout the day.
- The class coordinator will be providing information to you about the classroom party.
- Please be mindful that a teacher may plan a party with the children only or with selected parent volunteers. This is a class-by-class decision.
- The receptionist desk will have a listing of the parents who are attending. Only parents on the list at the receptionist desk will be able to attend the party, no exceptions. Visitors must sign in at the receptionist desk. Visitors to class parties will be receiving visitor stickers. The stickers will be sent home. The visitor sticker should be worn while entering the building as well as while you are in the building at all times.
- If you are taking your child home after the festivities, you will sign your child out in the classroom. All parties will conclude by 2:30 p.m. to allow for classes to be ready for dismissal.
Harlem Wizards Game
Hey Crawford! Let’s pump our fundraising with trick hoops and alley oops! Join us and the Harlem Wizards Basketball team on Sunday, January 20, 2019 @ Liberty High School Gym. Keep an eye out for flyers being sent home on the event.In the meantime, you can get information on the PTN FB page or search FB page Harlem Wizards vs. the teachers, Jackson, NJ or #slamtasticjackson and LIKE the event page.