Welcome to 4th grade!!!
I am looking forward to working with your child this year! I have many educational and fun activities planned to help your child grow academically and socially. My goal is to create a supportive learning environment for all of the students.
I can always be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
On the first day of school your child will receive the following items:
Please send you child to school with the following:
(1) 5 subject notebook (for all their assignments and notes)
pencil pouch (hard boxes are too large for their desks)
extra pencils and glue stick
Students will be bringing home a book bag with self-selected books at their reading level. They should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night. It is fine if your child reads books from home or library books - just read, read, read!
Our learning goals:
- Demonstrate strong reading habits.
- Develop a plan for increasing reading stamina, focus, accuracy, and fluency using “just-right” books.
- Use the comprehension strategies to monitor for meaning.
- Be an active listener and participant in partner work.
We are writing personal narratives.
Our learning goals:
- Choose and develop a topic.
- Use complete sentences.
- Write to include a beginning, middle, and end.
- Write first drafts and revise by adding details and ideas.
- Use a variety of sentences.
- Use transitional words to develop a sequence of events.
You can encourage child’s writing skills by incorporating writing into your child’s daily routine. Creating lists, writing letters, and keeping a journal are great ways to practice writing at home.
Math Pearson Realize Login Steps:
Jackson School Dist INT
Username: Lunch #
Mrs. Such's Specials
All students in the class will be assigned an account in prodigy. They will be given their user name (first name, last initial ex: marcie s) and their password. I advise creating a parent account at home to track their progress at home. Directions will be sent home!