I am so excited about being your teacher this school year. I am looking forward to a year filled with fun and learning. I cannot wait to meet you all on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
Communication is key - please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
This year our school theme is movies!
Please be sure to check Google Classroom, Dojo, Email and my teacher page for up to date information about our class. You will be invited to join Google Classroom and Class Dojo the first week of school. Please be on the lookout for this information:)Monday - Media
Tuesday - TechnologyWednesday - Gym (Wear Sneakers)Thursday - ArtFriday - Music
The Reading and Writing Workshop approach to instruction recognizes that “one size fits all” does not match the realities of the classrooms and schools in which they work. When you walk into a workshop classroom at any given moment, you’ll see instruction that is designed to:
- help teachers address each child’s individual learning,
- explicitly teach strategies students will use not only the day they are taught, but whenever they need them,
- support small-group work and conferring, with multiple opportunities for personalizing instruction,
- tap into the power of a learning community as a way to bring all learners along,
- build choice and assessment-based learning into the very design of the curriculum,
- help students work with engagement so that teachers are able to coach individuals and lead small groups.
- The routines and structures of reading and writing workshop are kept simple and predictable so that the teacher can focus on the complex work of teaching in a responsive manner to accelerate achievement for all learners.
Please complete the attached dismissal form. The students need to bring this to with them the first day of school if it was not completed prior to school starting.
If you child is using the car line, please complete the attached form, and send it in with your child the first day of school.
Carline Dismissal Form
If your child will be a walker, please complete the attached form, and send it in with your child the first day of school.
Click here to join our Class Dojo (link coming soon). Class Dojo is a great way to keep track of your child's behavior as well as share important reminders for upcoming events. Any important/urgent manners, must still be communicated through teacher email addresses.