Welcome to 2nd Grade! I am so excited to be your 2nd grade teacher. Continue to check this website for updated information regarding our class.
Feel free to email me any time if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
Labeled water bottle (reusable or disposable)
Please send in a few extra masks in a ziplock bag to be kept in your child's backpack during the day
Hard pencil case
Box of crayons
4 "sharpened" pencils
Dry erase markers and a clean old sock to use for an eraser
**Any donations of tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes would be greatly appreciated.**
Make sure you are using your child's school email account.Their username is their email@example.com *for example: firstname.lastname@example.orgTheir password is their lunch#@ *for example:2112112@*Students must attend all Google Meet sessions with me when they are on a remote learning day from 2:05-2:55*All Google Meet Sessions will be held at the end of the school day after the in-person Group for that day is dismissed.All Google Meet invites will be sent to your child's Jackson email address. Attending these meeting are REQUIRED and count as your child's attendance for that day.Please go over all Google Meet Expectations listed below with your child prior to joining their first Google Meet session with me:
Ms. Mayer's Special Schedule
Daily Time: 9:15 - 9:45 am
Please join the Special Area Teacher's Google Classrooms for assignments and Google Meet Lessons.
Group 2 - Monday, Week 1Parents are required to complete this short check each morning via the Genesis Parent Portal and report their child’s information at least 30 minutes prior to the school reporting time for school. If the answer to any of these is YES, the parent must not send their child to school.
SECTION 1: Symptoms
If your child has any of the following symptoms, that indicates a possible illness that may decrease the student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading illness to others. Please check your child for these symptoms:
Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/ asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
Traveled to or lived in an area where the New Jersey Department of Health is reporting large numbers of COVID-19 cases as described in the New Jersey Travel Restrictions
No eating will be allowed in the classrooms. Unfortunately, birthday's will not be celebrated in school this year as well. It is reccomended that students bring a bagged lunch from home; however, lunch will still be available for purchase. Students must bring a labeled water bottle from home.
Hand sanitizer will be used frequently throughout the school day. Please let me know your child has any allergies to hand sanitizer.
Face coverings are REQUIRED in school at all times. We will be taking short mask breaks outdoors when necessary, while practicing social distancing, of course!
Reading- We will work on being in charge of our own reading.
Fundations- We will review digraphs and blends.
Writing- We will work on strategies to make us stronger writers.
Math- We will be able to add and subtract within 20.
Social Studies- We will understand the different types of communities.
Science- We will understand why oceans are important.
In Person Days: 8:45-1:15
During your remote days, I will be having Google Meets from 2:05-2:55. Attendance is mandatory.Group 1- last name begins with A-KAttends school in-person on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days.Group 2- last name begins with L-ZAttends school in-person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days.
September 8th- First Day of School:
(Group 2 In-Person, Group 1- Remote)
September 17th- Back to School Night (Virtual)
Don't forget to join our Class Dojo. Class Dojo is a great way to keep track of your child's behavior as well as share important reminders for upcoming events. Any important/urgent manners, must still be communicated through teacher email addresses.
Chromebooks will be traveling both to school and home with the students daily. While in school, student chromebooks must never be left unattended and must be fully charged.
Please see some general precautions in regards to chromebooks below:
- No food or drink is allowed next to your Chromebook. Chromebooks are not permitted in the cafeteria.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully.
- Students should never carry their Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Chromebooks should not be open or used while walking through the halls.
- It is suggested that you purchase a protective case.
- Do not expose your Chromebook to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Extreme heat or cold may cause damage to the laptop. Always bring your laptop to room temperature prior to turning it on.
- Do not lean on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not poke the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, notebooks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or micro-fiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid or water on the Chromebook. You can also purchase individually packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen. These are very convenient and relatively inexpensive.
- Chromebooks include serial numbers and barcode stickers that must remain on the device. These stickers are important for inventory and insurance purposes.
- Do not place any additional stickers anywhere on the Chromebook.
- Do not write or mark the device for any reason!
- Any student choosing to break these rules could be subject to forfeiting their Chromebook privileges.