Click this--›Summer Reading SlideShow
Click this link to hear Ms. Schadl explain Holman's 2020 Summer Reading.
Summer Reading 2020!
Ms. Schadl wants everyone to keep their reading muscles strong all summer! Read, Read, Read!
We would love for each Holman Student to read at least 5 books this summer! Keep track of your books, and you will be entered into a raffle to win a PRIZE in September!
How do you keep track of your books? 3 Choices:
1. Enter your books electronically on a Google Form by clicking here.
2. Print out this paper reading log (click here), write your books on it, keep the paper log safe, and bring it back to school in September.
3. Take any piece of paper you have at home (notebook paper, construction paper, loose leaf paper), write your name on the top, write the books you read on it, and bring it back to school in September.
What can you read for summer reading? ANYTHING YOU LIKE! Here are some ideas:
- Read books that you have in your house or reread a favorite book!
- Borrow books from a friend or sibling or cousin!
- Read ebooks on Destiny Discover through the Destiny Library Catalog.
- Try some magazines or comic books or graphic novels!
- Use the Ocean County Library www.theoceancountylibrary.org!
- Listen to some free audiobooks on Audible Discover!
- Read ebooks on the website Tumblebooks (username: Jackson2020 password: trial).
- Find ebook versions of classic kids' stories on Loyalbooks.
- Find more ebooks by logging in to Epic! with Ms. Schadl's class code-- rpy9578.
Looking for some ideas of books that are good for YOU to read? Click this link and view a Recommended Reading List for Incoming Students in Grades 1-5!
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
The Goals of the library-media program are:
1. to teach students to become effective users of information.
2. to teach students to use information responsibly.
3. to encourage students to become life-long readers.
4. to encourage everyone to become life-long learners.
5. to provide support for teachers and the school's curriculum.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can call into the Holman Library at 732-833-4620 ext. 5112