Literary Essay: Opening Texts and Seeing More
What makes a Literary Essay?
- Hooks the reader
- Names the author and text
- States a claim and some supports
- States the claim (Restate)
- Provides one support (Answer)
- Give evidence to prove the support is true (Cite Evidence)
- Includes an explanation of evidence (Explain)
- Restates the claim and supports
- Makes the reader think
New this school year, students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson Envision Math. You will no longer use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find the login instructions below:
1. Log into your district Google account (or Gmail)
a. Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
2. Open a new tab and go to our school website (holman.jacksonsd.org)
3. At the top of the page, go to "FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS"
4. Click on "Envision Math Login"
5. You will be taken to the Pearson EnVision website and will be automatically signed in.
6. Click Pearson Realize on the right side and you're ready to get your math on!
Topic 1: Understand Place Value
How are whole numbers and decimals written, compared, and ordered?
exponent, base, power, value, expanded form, thousandth, equivalent decimals
Review Multiplication and Division Facts daily!
Math Study Guides
We will be completing our first unit of Social Studies after Unit 1 in Science.
All videos, websites, and assignments can be accessed in Google classroom!
Structures and Properties of Matter
matter, particle, solid, liquid, gas, physical change, chemical change, mass, weight
Matter can be subdivided into particles that are too small to see
When two or more different substances are mixed, a new substance with different properties may be formed
Ask, Imagine, Select & Plan, Create, Test & Evaluate, Improve & Share
Check out our Google classroom for videos and additional resources!