- Holman Elementary School
Important Arrival and Dismissal Information
DISMISSAL INFORMATION…..PLEASE READ:
In an effort to continuously improve the safety of students and staff, continuing our policy from last school year, parents may not pick up their child(ren) at the end of the day in the main lobby on a consistent basis. Dismissal in the main lobby will be only be reserved for parents who need to occasionally pick up their child due to a doctor’s appointment, an illness, or some other reason prior to the end of the day.
There will be three choices for end of the day student dismissal. Students may take the bus, be picked up at the walker dismissal site, or be picked up in the car line. Parents choosing the car line dismissal must fill out paperwork and pick up their child(ren) everyday on the car line. Parents who ignore this new procedure and try to pick up their child(ren) in the main lobby at the end of the day on a consistent basis will kindly be asked to choose an alternative dismissal option. Thank you in advance for your support in our efforts to improve the safety and well being of our students and staff members.
To ensure the safety of all of our learners – it is imperative that the following procedures are understood and adhered to each day. Please call the main office directly if you need further clarification as to these procedures. Thank you for keeping all of our learners safe!
- Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK in front of our building by blocking the fire lane. Ample parking spaces, visitor slots, and handicapped parking are available directly in front of our building
- For school and traffic safety: Automobile traffic is PROHIBITED in the bus parking/standing area in the FRONT and on the SIDES of our school daily between 8:15 and 9:00am; and between 2:30 and 3:15pm.
- If your child is late (after 8:45AM) please note that the carline entrance is CLOSED and LOCKED at 8:45AM, the start of homeroom. Students are NOT PERMITTED to walk from the parking lot into the school at this time UNLESS accompanied by an adult. Please PARK in the SOUTH LOT (the lot on the right hand side of the school by the fields) and then physically accompany your child into the building to sign them in. Parking in front of the school is prohibited from 8:15am – 9:00 am. Thank you for working with us to ensure the safety of all of our learners.
- If you are picking up your child/children from school after 2:30PM - You must park in the SOUTH LOT (the area on the right hand side of the school by the fields) as busses begin to enter and arrive in the front of the building at this time for dismissal, therefore, car traffic is prohibited.
******The PM Carline will not be in effect until Monday, September 16th******
Carline procedures until the end of the year are as follows:
A.M. Carline Procedures:
- Student drop off is between 8:35 A.M. and 8:45 A.M. at the SOUTH entrance (the entrance on the right hand side of the building by the loading dock)
- Please follow the “traffic flow” as designated by the cones
- Students must exit the car/vehicle from the PASSENGER/CURBSIDE ONLY
- Be aware of traffic pattern; please do not move ahead or cut across the line
- South entrance doors (the doors by the loading dock) close and are locked promptly at 8:45 A.M.; therefore, there is no access into the building from here after 8:45 A.M. If you arrive late to the carline (after 8:45am), please park in the south parking lot (the lot on the right hand side of the building by the fields.) Late students must be escorted by an adult and signed in via the front entrance.
P.M. Carline Procedures:
- If you are interested in picking your child up from the P.M. CARLINE (only), please remember to complete the “Carline Dismissal Form”. If you choose the PM Carline option, students must be picked up on the carline for the entire school year.
- P.M. Carline Students are dismissed between 2:55 P.M. and 3:10 P.M.
- Parents/Guardians do not need to leave their cars for carline pickup
- Duty teachers will monitor and escort students TO CARS as they pull up, one at a time.
- Please be ready for your child(ren) to enter via the PASSENGER side only; it is not safe for them to walk around the car to enter
- Be mindful of traffic patterns and traffic flow; do not pull out of the line or cut the line; this will ensure the safety for all of our learners.
Students walking to school will enter the school in the morning and exit at dismissal using the rear gymnasium doors in the back of the building. Duty Teachers will be posted to assist and monitor students at 8:35AM and 2:55PM. Walkers will be dismissed from the rear gymnasium doors at the end of the day.