- Holman Elementary School
Important Arrival and Dismissal Information
Whether it is during arrival or dismissal, the carline has caused some congestion on Manhattan Street. We have been asked by traffic police to help alleviate this problem by reaching out to the community with a solution. Please open the attached map. Parents who are either dropping off or picking up their child(ren) should line up on the side of Manhattan Street closest to the water tower so that they may turn right onto Beam Avenue.
Please DO NOT wait on Manhattan Street to turn left onto Beam Avenue into the school lot.
Thank you very much for your consideration to this important matter.
Principal, Holman Elementary
In an effort to continuously improve the safety of students and staff, parents may not pick up their child(ren) at the end of the day in the main lobby on a consistent basis. Dismissal in the main lobby will only be reserved for parents who need to occasionally pick up their child due to a doctor’s appointment, an illness, or some other reason prior to the end of the day.
There will be three choices for end of the day student dismissal. Students may take the bus, be picked up at the walker dismissal site, or be picked up in the car line. Parents choosing the car line dismissal must fill out paperwork and pick up their child(ren) everyday on the car line.
Parents who ignore this new procedure and try to pick up their child(ren) in the main lobby at the end of the day on a consistent basis will kindly be asked to choose an alternative dismissal option.
Thank you in advance for your support in our efforts to improve the safety and well being of our students and staff members.
Only students in Child Care will be admitted prior to 8:35 AM
Between 8:35 AM and 8:45 AM – Outside, at the side entrance of the school.
Please follow the “traffic flow” as designated by the cones
Students must exit the car/vehicle from the PASSENGER/CURBSIDE ONLY
Staff on duty will supervise students during this time.
Be aware of traffic pattern; please do not move ahead or cut across the line
Please note: Side entrance closes at 8:45 AM.
Tardy students (arriving after 8:45 AM) must enter through the main entrance with a parent/guardian and will need to be signed in by a parent/guardian with the receptionist. (NOTE: Carline entrance is locked at 8:45AM daily….please DO NOT drop your child off at the side entrance after 8:45 AM)
Late students must be escorted by an adult and signed in via the front entrance.
- Prior to 2:30 P.M.: Early pick-up ONLY in the lobby with a note. In addition to the note, it is best to call ahead and also let us know that you are coming to the school. (must come by 2:30 P.M. in the main reception area to ensure safety at dismissal)
- Parents/Guardians need to come inside and sign the child out with the receptionist. Others need a written note, the GREEN Change in Dismissal form or must be on the EMERGENCY CARD to sign the child out with the receptionist. Proper identification and a face mask is always necessary.
- Carline procedures from 9/13/2021 until the end of the year are as follows:
- P.M. Carline Students are dismissed between 2:55 P.M. and 3:10 P.M.
- Parents/Guardians should not leave their cars for carline pickup
- Staff on duty will monitor and escort students TO CARS as they pull up, one at a time.
- Please be ready for your child(ren) to enter via the PASSENGER side only; it is not safe for them to walk around the car to enter
- Be mindful of traffic patterns and traffic flow; do not pull out of the line or cut the line; this will ensure the safety for all of our learners.
- If you are interested in picking your child up from the P.M. CARLINE (only), please remember to complete the “Carline Dismissal Form”. If you choose the PM Carline option, students must be picked up on the carline for the entire school year.
Students walking to school will enter the school in the morning and exit at dismissal using the rear gymnasium doors in the back of the building. Duty Teachers will be posted to assist and monitor students at 8:35AM and 2:55PM. Walkers will be dismissed from the rear gymnasium doors at the end of the day.