- Holman Elementary School
Principal's Message 3/30/2020
Dear Holman Families,
I’m reaching out to you in hopes that all is well and that you have been staying safe during these past two weeks. While our students were working this week through the first phase of our Remote Learning Plans, our staff was busily preparing for Phase II, which will begin Monday, March 30 and take us through until Spring Break begins on Thursday, April 9. Spring Break will continue as scheduled from Thursday, April 9 to Sunday, April 19. We will not be posting assignments during Spring Break and we hope all of our families and staff take some time to rest and recharge. After that, we will have to take things week by week. If schools remain closed as of April 20 when Spring Break is over, we will continue along the same path as Phase II of our Remote Learning Plans.
ABOUT PHASE II Learning Plans Beginning March 30:
While our initial 10-Day Learning Plans focused on review and reinforcement and got students used to doing work from home, Phase II Plans will feature a more interactive, assignment-based model using teachers’ Class Pages, Google Classroom and learning videos. They will be geared toward advancing instruction and presenting new material in keeping with our curriculum. Visit our Remote Learning Plans site on March 30 at 8 a.m. for full details and instructions on our new plans.
As we head into Phase II on Monday, March 30, please consider the following items:
- All teachers will be available for emails, lessons, and Google Hangouts between 8:00am - 1:00pm.
- Please use this Holman Teacher Email Address and Webpage spreadsheet to easily find your child’s teacher’s email address and a link to their webpage. You may highlight and copy the teacher’s email address and paste it into the “To” portion of your outgoing email. You may click on the teacher’s webpage link and it will automatically take you to their site. Here, you can access links to lessons, resources, and Google Classrooms (if applicable).
- Don’t forget to visit your child’s Special Area Teachers’ pages (Physical Education, Technology, Media, World Language, Music, and Art). These Unified Arts Teachers have created some fun activities to assist with learning during Phase II.
- Need help with access to your child’s Google account? Click here for assistance.
- Please continue to keep in touch with your child’s teacher(s). A brief email to let them know that you are safe and are working on the assigned lessons is greatly appreciated. They also welcome any questions and concerns that you may have.
- **IMPORTANT** If you receive a phone call with the caller ID of “PRIVATE CALLER”, please answer as it may be someone from the school trying to speak to you. All district personnel have been instructed to use *67 in order to maintain the confidentiality of their private numbers.
Don’t forget our REMOTE LEARNING - FUN CHALLENGE WEEK
Monday 3/30: Read somewhere comfy and cozy.
Tuesday 3/31: Take a walk or bike ride with a family member. Please remember to practice safe social distancing with others around.
Wednesday 4/1: Play a card game or board game with your family.
Thursday 4/2: Write your name with sticks, rocks, or other outdoor materials.
Friday 4/3: Draw a picture or write a letter to a friend.
Continue to send your pictures to Mrs. Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have been posting these pictures on our website. Click here to view all of the posted pictures!
We want you to know that we are committed to being flexible and responsive as Phase II is rolled out. This is uncharted territory for all of us and it is important that our staff, students, and the families supporting them continue to be kind and patient with each other. We will make adjustments and revisions as needed until each of us is completely comfortable and proficient in this new learning environment. We appreciate all of your assistance. Together we can do this!
Stay healthy and stay safe!
Principal, Holman Elementary School