- Holman Elementary School
March 2021 Principal's Message
Dear Holman Families:
I’m so glad that spring is finally around the corner. Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead on Sunday, March 14th. With the extra hour of daylight, it's a little easier to do some fun activities with the family. One of the most important things that you can do to support your child's success is to read with your child every day. Research states that daily reading practice (10-30 minutes depending upon grade level) will continue to strengthen skills in all academic domains.
Daily Health Screening
Please continue to complete your child’s Daily Health Screening. For those that require a reminder, place a Post-it note by the coffee pot, refrigerator or set the alarm on your cell phone. We cannot stress enough the importance of parents filling out this form on the Parent Portal each morning that their child attends school in person. It must be filled out 30 minutes prior to your child’s arrival at school. Completing the Daily Health Screening will eliminate your child visiting the nurse’s office in the morning.
- Please read the questions carefully!
- The first question is asking if your child has been FEVER-FREE for 24 hours without the help of fever-reducing medication. So the answer to this question if your child is healthy is YES.
- If you answer incorrectly, when your child gets sent to the nurse and we call you, we can reset the form for you to answer it correctly.
Fenway and Hattie Hit Holman!!!
For the third time in Holman history, our school will be participating in a very exciting program called One School, One Book. The entire school (students, teachers, secretaries, the school nurse, paras, and Mr. Karas) will all be reading the same book at the same time!
Guess who else gets to join in the fun? HOLMAN FAMILIES!!
Holman students will receive a copy of the book, Fenway and Hattie by Victoria J. Coe on Monday, March 1st along with a schedule for nightly reading. There will be daily trivia questions and prizes.
Here's what we are asking you to do as a family:
- Read and talk about the book together for a few minutes each night (Monday-Thursday)
- Enjoy the time together as a family away from electronic devices
- If you want, snap a picture of your time reading together and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to be displayed in our main lobby picture gallery
- Parents can log on to the Holman webpage beginning March 1st to hear teachers read the different chapters of Fenway and Hattie.
- Holman School is partnering with Rescue Ridge to help supply them with donations for their animal shelter. You may bring items into school from March 1-12. A flyer went home with all of our students at the beginning of the month with a wish list of items.
Kindergarten Registration Has Begun! This year Kindergarten Registration will be done BY APPOINTMENT during February and March. Please do not wait to register - it is very important that we process your registration as soon as possible so we can place your child for next year. Please fill out our online Pre-Registration Form, then the supplemental forms and call right away to make your appointment for February and March. Visit our Kindergarten Registration page at www.jacksonsd.org/kindergarten for more info. Forms may also be picked up at our elementary schools.
Please call the Holman Elementary School at (732) 833-4620 and speak to Mrs. Lynn Goldblatt as soon as possible to schedule a day and time for new kindergartener’s registration.
Holman Elementary Staff presents "What Pet Should I Get"
Many thanks to ALL of the Holman Staff who helped make this video a reality, especially Mr. Grayce for putting all of the scenes together.
Free & Reduced Lunch
Please see important information below regarding Free and Reduced Meals:
- Free and Reduced Meal Applications Should be Submitted ASAP
- Although the government has made meals free for all students for the remainder of this year, all families who believe they qualify for free or reduced meal benefits should still apply so their benefits are in place at the beginning of next school year.
- Please visit our Free and Reduced Meal Application Page ASAP to get your application in right away.
- You can apply online and find out immediately if you qualify!
Make-ups for School Pictures
School picture make-ups will be taken on Wednesday, March 24th for all Holman students who are in school during the day. HOLMAN FULL REMOTE STUDENTS, who did not have their picture taken or wish to have a retake, may sign up for an appointment later that day. Be on the lookout around mid-March for an invitation to Sign Up Genius to schedule your child's time.
Messages from H.O.P.E
The next virtual HOPE meeting will be on March 24th at 7:00PM. We invite all parents to attend this session.
March H.O.P.E meeting
Time: Mar 24, 2021 07:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 958 8230 0017
Don’t forget to order the Holman Yearbook for 2020-2021.Yearbooks will be sold ONLINE ONLY this year. The deadline to order yearbooks is April 15th. To order visit https://www.memorybook.com/online-pay/parent-pay/
Dine to Donate: Please join us for a fundraiser event at: Five Below on March 27th.
Looking and Planning Ahead:
Picture Day Retakes:
If you missed getting your school picture taken there will be a retake day on March 24th in school.
Board of Education Meeting
On Wednesday, March 17th, there will be a BOE meeting held at 6:30PM at the Fine Arts Center, Jackson Memorial High School. Please wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
There will be a shortened day of school (ending at 1:15...no afternoon virtual meetings) on Thursday, April 1st, as we begin our Spring Break. School will be closed Friday, April 2nd - Friday, April 9th. Staff and students will be returning to school on Monday, April 12th. Enjoy the break!
Principal, Holman Elementary