- Holman Elementary School
- Holman News Archive
Principal's Message 3/19/2020
Dear Holman Community:
I want to thank each of you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate the uncharted and almost constantly changing territory surrounding the public health emergency that closed our schools. I hope you and your family members are safe and well.
I am extremely proud of the staff, students, and parents for their dedication and commitment as we embark on this new academic journey of remote learning. All of our employees will continue to serve the Holman community in the best way they are able to, attending to the needs of children far beyond traditional norms and community expectations.
As we continue with our remote learning, teachers are available through the typical school day to answer questions. Though establishing academic routines with your child is important, we recognize that some may be juggling with working from home and assisting with remote learning. You are all doing a very good job at balancing priorities. Please continue to do so and check the school and district websites and teachers’ class pages for updated information.
During these remote learning days:
- Holman Elementary is closed to staff and students.
- Your child’s teacher is available for questions and support during the typical school day. The best way to reach staff is through email.
- Continue student lesson plans found on both the District and Holman websites by clicking on the Remote Learning Plans link.
- Additional resources can be found on the Holman website and your teacher’s class page.
- Visit our Unified Arts Teachers class pages (Art, Music, WL, Tech, IMC, PE) for activities to do remotely.
- Continue to stay connected and communicate with your child’s teachers. Many teachers have been sharing some of the pictures that they are receiving from parents of children working at home. Keep sharing those pictures with us.
I want to take a moment to thank all of you, once again, for your hard work and commitment to our Holman children. Now, more than ever, they need your guidance and assistance to help get them through these hectic times. Together, we are committed to our students and to working with you as we adapt to our new learning environment. It is our priority to ensure the emotional and educational well-being of our children no matter the location. I am also available to assist and answer all of your concerns as I monitor my email on a daily basis. I will continue to communicate with you as we work through this as a Holman learning community.
Let’s continue to work together to support one another! Stay safe and stay well.
Principal, Holman Elementary School