If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.
- J.K. RowlingMarking Period 2: November 16 - January 28.Writing
- All assignments will be written in MLA format
- The focus will be on literary analysis
Independent Reading Assignment (All assignments are posted in our Google Classroom.)Due Monday, January 24
- Students will continue to read and discuss short stories
- In December, students will be the novel, Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen. In his Nautilus Award-winning classic Touching Spirit Bear, author Ben Mikaelson delivers a powerful coming-of-age story of a boy who must overcome the effects that violence has had on his life.
Students will read a fictional novel in any genre that interests them.
Book Report -
- There are 10 journal prompts. You will need to complete FIVE by Friday, January 21.
- Each prompt must be answered in complete sentences and paragraph form. Minimum of SIX sentences.
- Please write the number of the prompt with your response
- ONE citation (cited using MLA format) must be included in your response.
- Each prompt is worth 20 points (total = 100). This will count as a homework grade.
- Do not write in the first-person point of view (Do not use I)
- ALL responses must be completed in the Google Classroom.
- You have spent so long with the main character of your book, it is almost like you have become close friends in your literary journey. You are now so close that you have been cordially invited to their birthday party! Choose FIVE birthday gifts that you would give to the main character of your book.
In order for a successful year, students need to work on literacy daily. Every day assignments are posted in our Google Classroom. My goal is to provide support and encouragement for each of you on your journey to improve the world. Do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help during the process.
- pen or pencil (needed every day)
- three-ring binder (1/2 or 1 inch)
- four dividers for binder (Reference, Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading)
- index cards (used throughout the year)
- markers and/or colored pencils
Please feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Enter login information
- User name: JerriParlow
- Password: 123456
2. Go to “my bookshelf”
3. On the left side, should be something that says “my listening device” then download to what device they are using (chrome book, P.C./Mac, iPhone, Android, etc)