Dear Parents and Students,Welcome to a new year at Switlik Elementary School. I am pleased and honored to be your child’s 5th grade teacher! I am truly looking forward to working with and getting to know each one of my students and their families this year. I pledge that if you participate in our exploration, I will do my best to make learning interesting, meaningful, and fun!Mr CasaisRECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR CLASS
Special Schedule 2022-23Monday- Art 11:30-12:10Tuesday- Media 11:30-12:10Wednesday-Technology 11:30-12:10Thursday-Music 11:30-12:10Friday-Gym 11:30-12:10Lunch 12:30-1:00Recess 12:10-12:30Snack Daily
- 2 NOTEBOOKS
- A FOLDER
- DRY ERASE MARKERS
Log on to Savvas Easy Bridge :
Please find your login instructions below:
- You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).
- Click “More” at the bottom.
- Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “ Savvas Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets as the weather will start to get cooler! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- The students can bring in a water bottle each day.
- Please have your student bring back their student ID card on the first day .
- Please remember to bring in your planner every day.
- Our room gets pretty chilly so I recommend the students bring a sweatshirt to keep in their backpack, especially at the start of the year when it is much warmer outside than in our classroom!
- Lunches may be purchased or they can bring in their own.
- Please send in a note if there will be a change in dismissal for your child. All dismissal notes are sent down to the office in the morning. It is IMPORTANT that you date these notes, include your child's full name, and my name.
*There will be snack in the classroom*
Below is information and resources on instruction and how I will communicate throughout the school year.
Class Page: My class page will be updated daily with any important information that is happening in the classroom and announcements that pertain to the class, school, and community.
Remind App is also used for any important information. Please make sure to sign up for it. Mrs Levine will be sending you an invitation.Chromebooks have been provided to each student for use at home and in school for the duration of the 2022-2023 school year. Please remember to bring your chromebooks to school each day and charge every night.
BE A BUCKET FILLER, NOT A BUCKET DIPPER!!!! Have you been a bucket filler today? You can be a bucket filler in many different ways... By trying your best in school, giving respect to all your peers and adults, helping someone in need, and treating others the way you want to be treated.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our lunch is at 12:30. Hot and cold lunches will be available for purchase through food services (parents can load money onto accounts via the food services website). We will be having snack in class . The students will be allowed to bring in water bottles.
Please be mindful of students with allergies. We are a peanut/nut free classroom. Please keep in mind if you eat a breakfast containing these ingredients it would be helpful to wash your hands thoroughly before getting to school. If your child is allergic to nuts and not required to sit at the nut free table during lunch, please be sure to send in a note the first day of school.D Casais5th Gradedcasais@jacksonsd.org
BE A BUCKET FILLER