LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
BE A BUCKET FILLER, NOT A BUCKET DIPPER!!!! Have you been a bucket filler today? You can be a bucket filler in many different ways... By trying your best in school, giving respect to all your peers and adults, helping someone in need, and treating others the way you want to be treated.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our class is scheduled for lunch at 12:15. I believe that the class would benefit from a mid-morning snack to help the students maintain their focus during lessons. Since we will be working through snack, I ask that you limit the snack to one healthy food item per day. (some examples: one piece of fruit, carrot sticks, pretzels, crackers) Thank you for your cooperation!Please be mindful of students with allergies. We are a peanut/nut free classroom. Please keep in mind if you eat a breakfast containing these ingredients it would be helpful to wash your hands thoroughly before getting to school. If your child is allergic to nuts and not required to sit at the nut free table during lunch, please be sure to send in a note the first day of school.D Casais5th Gradedcasais@jacksonsd.org
BE A BUCKET FILLER
We had a wonderful year in ________5th___ grade. It has been a pleasure to watch your child grow and learn. Your child’s success is a reflection of their hard work and your support. Involvement in reading during the summer months leads to better academic performance when children return to school in the fall. Please continue to encourage your child read. Your child was introduced to a list of choices for his or her summer reading enjoyment. Below is the link to the suggested choices for each grade level.
We ask that each child read five books and complete the reading log available on the elementary school websites. In September, teachers will set aside time to discuss the books read by your child.
We are very excited to inform you that the Switlik Library will be under renovations this summer. Our Summer Reading initiative, the “Check It Out” Program will be held in Room 16. The Switlik “Check It Out” Program will take place on the following dates:
Monday, July 9 (9:00 – 1:00)
Monday, July 30 (2:00-6:00)
Monday, August 6 (9:00-1:00)
Monday, August 20(2:00-6:00)
During “Check It Out,” your children can not only borrow books, but will have the opportunity to plant seeds, race robots, and view a magic show! Stay tuned for exact activity times and dates.
Kindergarten Orientation will be held on Thursday, August 30th from 9:00-10:00 am.
I also encourage your child to study their basic math facts over the summer! This will help with their transition to __6th_______ grade next year!
Monday, September 17th: Grades K-1/7:00-9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 18th: Grades 2-3/7:00-9:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 27th: Grades 4-5/7:00-9:00 p.m.
Certified Staff reports on Tuesday, September 4th, 2018
Students report to school on Thursday, September 6, 2018
Have wonderful and safe summer!
Pearson Login Information:
* At the Pearson sign in page- click the box that says
Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Auto
* Where it says choose your district- type and select:
JACKSON TWP SCHOOL DISTRICT- INT
* Student log in:
* Username/Login: Student ID #
* Password: First name + grade level (example: Mark01)