CONSISTENCY OF INSTRUCTION IS IMPORTANT:
- Students will be expected to attend EVERY DAY, and to not flip between in-person instruction and synchronous instruction.
- The only exception would be for in-person students who are ill or who should stay home due to quarantine.
Monday, March 1st begins our five day per week in-person learning! One important change is that students will no longer eat lunch in school. Instead, we will be taking a 15 minute break in two separate rooms which has been set up for a safe, socially distanced snack. The school district will be providing a “grab-and-go lunch” to students at the end of the day. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PROVIDE YOUR CHILD WITH A HEALTHY SNACK EACH DAY. Thank you!
GRAB-and-GO LUNCHES AT DISMISSAL:
At the end of each school day, students will pick up a grab and go bag, which will contain lunch for that day as well as a breakfast for the following morning.
Students MAY NOT eat their grab-and-go lunch on the bus.
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH REMINDER
Dear Switlik Families,
Please see important information below regarding Free and Reduced Meals:
Free and Reduced Meal Applications Should be Submitted ASAP
Although the government has made meals free for all students for the remainder of this year, all families who believe they qualify for free or reduced meal benefits should still apply so their benefits are in place at the beginning of next school year.
Please visit our Free and Reduced Meal Application Page ASAP to get your application in right away.You can apply online and find out immediately if you qualify!
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to our 5th Grade Math Class. I am looking forward to working with all of you this year. I know that this is an unusual beginning to a school year but I am confident that we will have a successful one.
WE will continue to use The Savvas Realize (formerly Pearson) website as a tool this year. This website will be utilized for both in-person and remote learning. The directions to access your account are below.
Participation ,in both the remote and in-person learning and completion of assignments, is essential for the students' success this year.
I, once again, am excited about working with you and contributing to a positive 5th grade experience for all of you.
This announcement was just made by the USDA this week:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Log on to Savvas Realize :
Please find your login instructions below:
- You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).
- Click “More” at the bottom.
- Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “ Savvas Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Please note the first day of school is a Tuesday, so Group 1 will be remote.
In Person Days: 9:05-1:35Group 1- last name begins with A-KAttends school in-person on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days.Group 2- last name begins with L-ZAttends school in-person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days.
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets as the weather will start to get cooler! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- In the backpack, it is also encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 in case the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Dirty masks will just be put in their backpack so you know the difference.Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- The students are also encouraged to bring in a water bottle each day. We will not have access to the water fountain due to the current situation, so I kindly ask that a water bottle be sent in everyday (it must be water, no juice in the classroom).
- Please have your student bring back their student ID card the first day their group comes into the classroom.
- Please remember to bring in your planner every day.
- Our room gets pretty chilly so I recommend the students bring a sweatshirt to keep in their backpack, especially at the start of the year when it is much warmer outside than in our classroom!
- Lunches may be purchased, but is recommended to bring a bagged lunch.
- I will be meeting the "at home" group in the afternoon each day around 2:20. More information on this will be shared shortly via the google classroom .
- Please send in a note if there will be a change in dismissal for your child. All dismissal notes are sent down to the office in the morning. It is IMPORTANT that you date these notes, include your child's full name, and my name.
*There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom*
Below is information and resources on instruction and how I will communicate throughout the school year.
Class Page: My class page will be updated daily with any important information that is happening in the classroom and announcements that pertain to the class, school, and community.
Google Classroom: My google classroom is where assignments and lessons will be posted throughout the year and where students will submit their assignments when required. The students were sent an invitation via their gmail accounts in order to initially sign up for their specific google classroom.
Google Meet: Google Meetings will be held each remote learning day. The link to access the google meet will be found in the google classroom.
Chromebooks have been provided to each student for use at home and in school for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year. Please remember to bring your chromebooks to school each day and charge every night so they are accessible for in person and remote learning. Please review chromebooks protocol and expectations below:Virtual Learning Expected NormsOn the days that your child is not in school, they will be expected to log into Google Classroom for attendance and to complete on-line assignments. We will also have Google Meets to check in and review work at the end of the day.
Casais's Homeroom '20-'21
Special area subjects will be completed during your remote learning day.
Please check your special area teacher's class page for further information.
SPECIAL AREA SCHEDULEWeek 1Monday-Group 2 Computers with Mr. Autenrieth (Casais @9:50)Tuesday-Group 1 Library with Ms. Palme (Casais @9:20)Wednesday-Group 2 Phys Ed with Mr. Hamdi (Casais @9:20)Thursday-Group 1 Music with Mr. Morgan (Casais @9:50)Friday-Group 2 Art with Ms. Martinez ( Casais @9:20)Week 2Monday-Group 2 Library with Ms. Palme (Casais @9:20)Tuesday-Group 1 Computers with Mr. Autenrieth (Casais @9:50)Wednesday-Group 2 Music with Mr. Morgan (Casais @9:50)Thursday-Group 1 Phys Ed with Mr. Hamdi (Casais @9:20)Friday-Group 1 Art with Ms. Martinez ( Casais @9:20)
BE A BUCKET FILLER, NOT A BUCKET DIPPER!!!! Have you been a bucket filler today? You can be a bucket filler in many different ways... By trying your best in school, giving respect to all your peers and adults, helping someone in need, and treating others the way you want to be treated.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our lunch is at 11:20. It is recommended that the children bring bagged lunches. Hot and cold lunches will be available for purchase through food services (parents can load money onto accounts via the food services website). We will not being have snack in class due to the shortened day schedule. The students will be allowed to bring in water bottles.
Please be mindful of students with allergies. We are a peanut/nut free classroom. Please keep in mind if you eat a breakfast containing these ingredients it would be helpful to wash your hands thoroughly before getting to school. If your child is allergic to nuts and not required to sit at the nut free table during lunch, please be sure to send in a note the first day of school.D Casais5th Gradedcasais@jacksonsd.org
BE A BUCKET FILLER