A message from the Switlik PTN:If you have purchased tickets to the Blue Claws game on 6/1 through the Switlik PTN link, the tickets were emailed on 5/31. If you have not received your tickets, please check your spam folder. Tickets were sent from: "firstname.lastname@example.org"All of the 5th grade students should plan to meet outside the stadium at 6:00 p.m near the entrance to the Blue Claws store. Any students arriving later should plan to meet the group at Section 105 at the activities booth by 6:30pm latest. The promo staff will then bring the chorus students down to the field when they will perform at 7:00pm behind home plate. Please wear a Switlik spirit shirt or something red/black.If you have any questions, please email email@example.comThank you for supporting Switlik PTN!Samantha MarleyRECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR CLASS
- 2 NOTEBOOKS
- A FOLDER
- DRY ERASE MARKERS
All students returning to school in September will keep their district-issued Chromebook for the summer. This will be the same Chromebook your child will use next school year. Any students who will not be returning to Jackson in September should return their Chromebook and charger to the school by Friday, June 18th.Information and additional questions about the devices can be found on our district technology webpage: https://www.jacksonsd.org/
Log on to Savvas Realize :
Please find your login instructions below:
- You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).
- Click “More” at the bottom.
- Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “ Savvas Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets as the weather will start to get cooler! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- In the backpack, it is also encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 in case the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Dirty masks will just be put in their backpack so you know the difference.Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- The students are also encouraged to bring in a water bottle each day. We will not have access to the water fountain due to the current situation, so I kindly ask that a water bottle be sent in everyday (it must be water, no juice in the classroom).
- Please have your student bring back their student ID card the first day their group comes into the classroom.
- Please remember to bring in your planner every day.
- Our room gets pretty chilly so I recommend the students bring a sweatshirt to keep in their backpack, especially at the start of the year when it is much warmer outside than in our classroom!
- Lunches may be purchased, but is recommended to bring a bagged lunch.
- Please send in a note if there will be a change in dismissal for your child. All dismissal notes are sent down to the office in the morning. It is IMPORTANT that you date these notes, include your child's full name, and my name.
*There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom*
Below is information and resources on instruction and how I will communicate throughout the school year.
Class Page: My class page will be updated daily with any important information that is happening in the classroom and announcements that pertain to the class, school, and community.
Google Classroom: My google classroom is where assignments and lessons will be posted throughout the year and where students will submit their assignments when required. The students were sent an invitation via their gmail accounts in order to initially sign up for their specific google classroom.
Google Meet: Google Meetings will be held each remote learning day. The link to access the google meet will be found in the google classroom.
Chromebooks have been provided to each student for use at home and in school for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year. Please remember to bring your chromebooks to school each day and charge every night so they are accessible for in person and remote learning. Please review chromebooks protocol and expectations below:
BE A BUCKET FILLER, NOT A BUCKET DIPPER!!!! Have you been a bucket filler today? You can be a bucket filler in many different ways... By trying your best in school, giving respect to all your peers and adults, helping someone in need, and treating others the way you want to be treated.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our lunch is at 12:15. It is recommended that the children bring bagged lunches. Hot and cold lunches will be available for purchase through food services (parents can load money onto accounts via the food services website). We will not being have snack in class . The students will be allowed to bring in water bottles.
Please be mindful of students with allergies. We are a peanut/nut free classroom. Please keep in mind if you eat a breakfast containing these ingredients it would be helpful to wash your hands thoroughly before getting to school. If your child is allergic to nuts and not required to sit at the nut free table during lunch, please be sure to send in a note the first day of school.D Casais5th Gradedcasais@jacksonsd.org
BE A BUCKET FILLER