The PTN Holiday Shop is now open for business!It is entirely virtual and will be running from 11/16-12/4.Items will be distributed to all families in early December, with plenty of time before the holidays.
If you are in my homeroom Room 6, parents please join our Remind Text System
SPECIALS Group 1 Schedule
Tuesday- Library 12:20
Thursday- Music 12:50
Tuesday- Computers 12:50
Thursday- Gym 12:20
Friday- Art 12:20
SPECIALS Group 2 Schedule
Monday- Computer 12:50
Wednesday- Gym 12:20
Friday- Art 12:20
Monday- Library 12:20
Wednesday- Music 12:50
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns you may have.
My email address is:
Week of 11/16-11/20
VOCABULARY TO KNOW
We are beginning Unit 1 Properties of Matter
We will be using a digital notebook. A copy has been made for each of you to follow through our google classroom.
We will be finishing this Unit by October 30th
Our school is working towards to being a more caring and respectful environment. The philosophy is simple and is this- imagine everyone is born with an invisible bucket. The bucket represents a person's mental and emotional health. You can't see the bucket, but it's there and it is our responsibility to fill that bucket. When you say nice things, show respect, act in kindness, you are filling each other's buckets and, in turn, filling your OWN bucket.
Switlik Elementary School is working towards keeping our buckets full EVERY DAY, thus resulting in individuals who feel healthy mentally, emotionally, and socially.
Lunch is scheduled from 11:20-11:55
It is recommended to have a bag lunch each day. If a student plans to purchase lunch, we suggest have the money loaded onto the lunch account.
This announcement was just made by the USDA this week:
Tables are set up at the following locations for students to grab a bag as they exit the building:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Exit door by the 4th grade wing to the playground
- Outside the Main Entrance
- Outside the exit by the fifth grade bathrooms
- Outside the Gym- Vestibule