Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns you may have.
My email address is:
firstname.lastname@example.orgSAVE THE DATESWednesday, December 15th-Holiday Gift ShopWednesday, December 22nd-Thursday, December 23rd- Holiday FestivitiesThere is a list of items were are looking for donations. Please click here if you can donate.Thank You!
If you are in my homeroom Room 6, parents please join our Remind Text System
- Please make sure to label everything that comes in, from water bottles to even sweatshirt/jackets.
- It is encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 incase the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Please remember, as per the Govenor's executive order, it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day. We will have frequent mask breaks throughout the day.
- Children are to bring a CHARGED chromebook to school everyday. Please make sure these are fully charged before coming to school each morning.
Birthday Party PolicyBirthdays will be celebrated at lunchtime in the cafeteria. To be sensitive to allergy concerns, non-edible items (e.g. toys, stickers, pencils) are strongly encouraged for these celebrations so that all children can participate in the celebration.If you choose to send in a snack, consider a healthy snack. Also please note that all items sent must be in individually wrapped, pre-packaged portions so that the child can easily distribute to classmates. Ice-cream cakes and whole cakes cannot be accommodated by the food service staff. You can deliver your item and/or treat to the receptionist or send it with the birthday child. Visitors are not permitted in the cafeteria. Birthday and/or Party invitations are not handed out in school, under any circumstances. However, parents are invited to join the class “party list” which will be distributed to parents that join the list.
Benchmark Test and Review for Topics 1-4
States of Matter
Our school is working towards to being a more caring and respectful environment. The philosophy is simple and is this- imagine everyone is born with an invisible bucket. The bucket represents a person's mental and emotional health. You can't see the bucket, but it's there and it is our responsibility to fill that bucket. When you say nice things, show respect, act in kindness, you are filling each other's buckets and, in turn, filling your OWN bucket.
Switlik Elementary School is working towards keeping our buckets full EVERY DAY, thus resulting in individuals who feel healthy mentally, emotionally, and socially.
Lunch is scheduled from 11:20-11:55
It is recommended to have a bag lunch each day. If a student plans to purchase lunch, we suggest have the money loaded onto the lunch account.
This announcement was just made by the USDA this week:
Tables are set up at the following locations for students to grab a bag as they exit the building:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Exit door by the 4th grade wing to the playground
- Outside the Main Entrance
- Outside the exit by the fifth grade bathrooms
- Outside the Gym- Vestibule