Email me at email@example.com
In-person school day 9:05 am - 1:35 pm
October 12-16 is WEEK 2
Please follow the special's schedule and alternating Friday schedule accordingly.
ALL REMOTE DAYS:
Check Google Classroom (read down the stream so you don't miss anything important).
Visit Google Classroom for math and special's teachers as well.
Google Meet at 2:25 pm (Use the link in Google Classroom).
A parent/guardian must sign your planner each day.
Group 1Attends school in-person on Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternating Fridays. These students will be working remotely on all other school days.Group 2Attends school in-person on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and alternating Fridays. These students will be working remotely on all other school days.
Specials for both groups are once every two weeks and only on remote days.Attendance will be taken for specials. Live classes began the week of September 21! Please email specials teachers with any questions.SCHEDULE (WEEK 1)Group 1:Tuesday-Library with Ms. Palme @ 10:20 amThursday-Music with Mr. Morgan @ 11:50 amGroup 2:Monday-Computers with Mr. A @ 11:50 amWednesday-PE with Mr. Hamdi @ 10:20 amFriday-Art with Ms. Martinez @ 10:20 amSCHEDULE (WEEK 2)Group 1:Tuesday-Computers with Mr. A @ 11:50 amThursday-PE with Mr. Hamdi @ 10:20 amFriday-Art with Ms. Martinez @ 10:20 amGroup 2:Monday-Library with Ms. Palme @ 10:20 amWednesday-Music with Mr. Morgan @ 11:50 am
YOU NOW HAVE THE OPTION OF GETTING ORDERS SHIPPED TO YOUR HOME
Now more than ever, it is so important for your child to have books in the home and to bring to school. Books at school need to "quarantine" after student use, so students can bring a book from home or choose an eBook to read each day.
Connect to Our Class Page to Order: Ms. Padron's Book Club
Shop with your child: Scholastic Book flyers
All books ship to the class, and I hand them out to the kids to take home.
Thank you for encouraging the love of reading!
Class Code: GQFMY
Supplies needed for Ms. Padron's literacy classes are listed below.
*Please note that all other teachers may have a separate supply list for their students.
*Ms. Padron's Literacy Students Only
Students will not be able to share pencils or other items, including using the pencil sharpener, so please let me know if you are unable to get any of the necessary supplies.
- Pens for correcting, revising, and editing papers (red and blue/green)
- Pack of sticky notes
- Several black, fine point dry erase markers
- Sock to serve as dry erase eraser
- Pencil box
- Handheld pencil sharpener
- Colored pencils, if desired (crayons will be provided)
- Composition notebook for reading
- A cheap pair of earbuds (school headphones not available due to COVID protocols)
A 1 1/2 inch binder for literacy and composition notebook for writing will be provided. Also, a Switlik homework folder was sent home for each student, along with the assignment planner.
The following must be completed each day your child is scheduled to be at Switlik:
- Complete health questionnaire 30 minutes prior to the start of school
- Pack his/her FULLY CHARGED Chromebook to bring to school (leave the charger at home)
- Wear a mask (back up is strongly encouraged)
- Bring a bagged lunch (suggested) or add money to your child's account if necessary
Thank you to the families who have joined my Remind account!
If you haven't had the chance, please sign up for my Remind account to receive important messages and information pertaining to Ms. Padron's homeroom students. When joining, please indicate your first and last name.
The health questionnaire must be completed 30 minutes prior to the start of every in-person school day.
Lunch is from 11:20-11:55 am
There will be NO snack time or eating in the classroom.
- A bagged lunch is recommended
- Lunch may be purchased and will be served in sealed containers
- Please minimize the use of cash by loading money on your child's account
- Lunch orders will be taken during homeroom
- Students may not share food items
- Bring a water bottle from home (water fountains not in use)
Now, more than ever, it is vital that you notify the school on the morning of a dismissal change. You are encouraged to use the dismissal change form to communicate any changes regarding your child's release.
Simply complete the form with your child's FULL NAME and date and type of dismissal change, then send it to school with your student.
Can't download or print? No problem. Copies of the letter can be sent home for your use.
If you send in a handwritten letter, please write legibly and be sure to include your child's full name, the date, and the teacher's name. This letter must be separate from any other correspondence intended for the teacher as these dismissal notes are sent to the main office.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Remote Learning Days Expected NormsOn the days that your child is not in school, they will be expected to log in to Google Classroom and to complete online assignments. We will also have Google Meets to check-in and review work at the end of the day.
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And I'd suggest a sweatshirt as the classroom tends to be chilly.
- In the backpack, it is strongly encouraged to have an extra mask or two in case the first one gets misplaced, damaged, or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag. Dirty masks will be put back in the backpack. Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- The students are also encouraged to bring in a water bottle each day. We will not have access to the water fountain due to COVID health protocols.
- Lunches may be purchased, but a bagged lunch is suggested.
- We will be using the eBooks on the Chromebooks for reading. On-level books for independent reading time may be brought from home, as well.
- I will be meeting the "at home" group at 2:25 pm each remote day (Homeroom 6 will meet with Ms. Padron @ 2:45 pm).
- Bring planner, book, and the school issued, fully-charged Chromebook to school (leave the charger at home).
A NOTE FROM THE PTN:Hello Switlik families,Welcome back! The Switlik PTN is excited to advise our spirit wear sale will run from 9/14-9/25 with DependabiliTees of Howell. Our online store can be reached at:Our online code is: S20All orders will be distributed by the Switlik PTN. Please include the teacher's name. If your student is all remote, please be sure to include your phone number and email address. Please reach out to PTN.Switlik@gmail.com if you have any questions.
G Suite for Education is a suite of free Google apps tailored specifically for schools.
When a student is logged in to his/her Google account, access to G Suite for Education Core Services, as well as thousands of educator-approved apps, is easy. Designed so that students use a single sign-on, it works anywhere on all computers, tablets, or mobile device. Each learner will use countless G Suite tools throughout the school year, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Classroom.