Email me at email@example.com
In-person school day 9:05 am - 3:15 pm
Please be aware that student planners should be delivered in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, students use a weekly homework sheet that is kept in their binders.
To establish good habits, please review and initial the homework sheet daily.
Grown-ups, PLEASE ask to see your student's homework folder every day. Fifth graders are learning to be responsible, independent, and organized. It is important that they get into the habit of emptying their folders every night, except for papers that need to come back to school.
If a child's folder becomes "backed up" with older papers, they may become frustrated when looking for papers they need quickly.
Thank you for your support at home!
Students will have no desk or closet storage for supplies, so I ask that only necessary supplies are brought to school and kept in their backpacks.
I know that some of us, myself included, love all those fun pens, notebooks, folders, and other office supplies we see in the stores, but please keep unnecessary items at home for your student's use.
Your cooperation is so important and appreciated as we navigate the upcoming school year!
Supply List for Ms. Padron's Math Students Only
Please check Ms. Lowry's (literacy) and Mr. Casais's (advanced math) class pages for their supply lists.
Students will not be able to share pencils or other items, so please let me know if you are unable to get any of the necessary supplies.
- (2) Colored pens for notating and correcting papers (no black)
- Pack of sticky notes
- Several black, fine point dry erase markers
- Dry erase eraser OR a small sock to serve as dry erase eraser
- Pencil box or pouch
- 2-pocket classwork folder
- Colored pencils, if desired (crayons will be provided)
- 1-inch binder for Ms. Padron's class only (due to lack of storage, no larger than 1 1/2 inches, please)
- A cheap pair of earbuds (school headphones not available due to COVID protocols)
Composition notebooks will be provided for math, science, and social studies. Also, a homework folder and planner will be distributed to all students in class.
Advanced math students will follow Mr. Casais's school supply list.
All students in Ms. Padron's homeroom will have a different teacher for literacy.
Please send your student's supplies in by Monday, September 13.
REMINDERS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- The Covid screening form in Genesis (Parent Portal) must be completed before your student begins the school year
- Pack his/her FULLY CHARGED Chromebook to bring to school (leave the charger at home)
- Wear a mask (back up is strongly encouraged)
- Bring water (water fountains unavailable)
Now, more than ever, it is vital that you notify the school on the morning of a dismissal change. You are encouraged to use the dismissal change form to communicate any changes regarding your child's release.
Simply complete the form with your child's FULL NAME and date and type of dismissal change, then send it to school with your student.
Can't download or print? No problem. Copies of the letter can be sent home for your use.
If you send in a handwritten letter, please write legibly and be sure to include your child's full name, the date, and the teacher's name. This letter must be separate from any other correspondence intended for the teacher as these dismissal notes are sent to the main office.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles.
- In the backpack, it is strongly encouraged to have an extra mask or two in case the first one gets misplaced, damaged, or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag. Dirty masks will be put back in the backpack. Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- Mask breaks will be provided daily.
- The students are also encouraged to bring in a water bottle each day. We will not have access to the water fountain due to COVID health protocols.
- Lunches may be purchased, but a bagged lunch is suggested.
- Bring the school-issued, fully-charged Chromebook to school (leave the charger at home).
G Suite for Education is a suite of free Google apps tailored specifically for schools.
When a student is logged in to his/her Google account, access to G Suite for Education Core Services, as well as thousands of educator-approved apps, is easy. Designed so that students use a single sign-on, it works anywhere on all computers, tablets, or mobile device. Each learner will use countless G Suite tools throughout the school year, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Classroom.