WELCOME TO THE FOURTH GRADE!!
We are so excited to be on this years journey with you!
My Contact Information:
Mrs. Teresa Toddings
messages can be left for me in any of the following ways:
(732)833-4650 Main Office
Winter Festivity Parties: will take place on Thursday, December 19th for all grade levels. Please be cognizant of our entry procedures for our Winter Holiday Celebration:
- Visitors will be limited to 1-2 visitors per student.
- Please understand that if your name is not on the list, you may not be allowed to enter the class party.
- Each guest will receive a ticket that must be presented when you sign in with the receptionists.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Please refrain from cell phone/camera use while visiting your child’s classroom. Not all parents have consented to have their children photographed.
- Any student who plans on being signed out early by someone other than their parent/guardian, must be accompanied with a note stating permission.
All guests planning to attend classroom celebrations are asked to park in the designated area outside of the gym entrance. All guests are asked to enter and sign in with our receptionists located in the gym lobby. It is district policy that photo identification is presented to our reception area each and every time you enter our school. Absolutely no one will be permitted to participate unless they are signed in and are presented with their visitor’s badge. Your badge must be on you at all times while you are on school premises. We discourage you from signing your child out after the Winter Holiday Celebration, as there will be instruction time for the remainder of the day.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THROUGH EMAIL OR DOJO IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING AND IF THERE WILL BE 1 OR 2 PEOPLE JOINING US...I WILL NEED FIRST AND LAST NAMES FO THOSE ATTENDING. THANK YOU!!
Please be aware that our classroom is
peanut/tree nut free!!
To our wonderful students:
Below is a list of supplies needed for the beginning of the school year:
- **DUE the first week of school, pictures (printed, magazines, clipart, etc.)
- to decorate your Writer's Notebook**
- These pictures should be of things that will inspire stories throughout the school year.
- Some examples of pictures could be of: family, friends, activities, trips, pets, etc.
- We will be decorating our notebooks within the first full week of the school year (9/16).
- 1 expandable file folder with at least 8 separate slots
- 2 Marble (hard cover) Composition Notebooks (if you would like an extra at home)
- Post-it Notes
-Soft Pencil Case needed (they fit best in the desks and they don't break if dropped)
- a sturdy hanger for the closet (it should be able to hold your bookbag and jacket in the winter)
**please write your name on these items**
Optional items for class:
- Color pencils/crayons
- Dry Erase Marker
- Glue sticks
**please write your name on everything**
Our classroom is always in need of donations and they are greatly appreciated!
Your donations will absolutely go to good use throughout the school year.
Thank you in advance for thinking of us!
- Post It notes
- Hand Sanitizer
The Switlik 2019-20 Reading Challenge is ON starting September!
We take a lot of pride in doing our daily reading and by keeping our logs updated!!
Keeping reading skills strong during each and every school month is vital!
Your child will hand his/her completed log to me every Monday morning. Keeping a tally themselves will help them understand what they have completed and what they still may need to be do to reach their goals.
What an important skill this is for your child's academice future!! Let's encourage them each and every day!
MONTHLY READING GOALS:
SEPTEMBER = STEPS
OCTOBER = STEPS
NOVEMBER = STEPS
DECEMBER = STEPS
**THE CLASS THAT READS THE MOST STEPS IN A GIVEN MONTH WILL RECEIVE THE
GOLDEN BOOK AWARD**
Please be sure you are ready to access your child’s report card on the district portal website. Report cards will be available on the portal to parents on ________. Also, please remember that if your Portal log-in does not work, please try the “Forgot My Password” link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the “Forgot Password” link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login ID’s or password (or if you do not have them), please send an email to email@example.com and include your name and phone number, as well as your child’s name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Thank you and have a great day!