Remote Learning has started,
I hope you and your family are doing well. As we begin this online journey together, remember that Physical Education should be part of your day. Make sure to exercsie for at least 30-60 min each day. I would recommend starting with our routine that you are very familiar with.
Push ups, sit ups, leg Stretch, squat thrusts (frog jumps), jumping rope (or just jumping even if you do not have a rope), and wall sit - jumping jacks. If you have access to pull up bar, try it 3x per week. If you do not have access to the pull up bar, stick with the exercises listed here. If you would like to, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a progress log of what you did each day. Write down your score for each exercise completed within 60 seconds. You will be done in less than 6 minutes with this whole routine.
Besides our routine, you can also create your own activities to have fun, run around, increase your heart rate, and have fun. If you are having trouble coming up with an activity, periodically. For this upcoming week 3/30/2020 please access the student resource section of my page in order to find a link to follow. The Physical Education Dept. has included a link for your child to follow for this week. For the week of 3/30 and 4/6 please access the links the same way - through the "student resources" link on my teacher page.
Please stay connected with me just to say hi, ask any questions, or report your progress. Looking forward to seeing you in class soon!
Please make sure that your child has sneakers on their designated Gym day so that they may be a successful participant.
Thank you and may we all enjoy this school year together!
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in
allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on
learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring
that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the
school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to
be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by
your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
● All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
● At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to
the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the
appointment or which student they are picking up.
● At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
● This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and
against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged
individually through the buzzer system.
● If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must
present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
● The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will
receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed
by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
● Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during
the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or
lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door,
inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or
exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
● No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
● Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule
● Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety
o Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
▪ Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
▪ Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
▪ Students must exit from the passenger side door.
▪ Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off
▪ Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this
can create a dangerous situation.
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the
main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign
them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each
time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
● Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open
at 3:05 p.m.
● Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child
● Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to
● Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
● Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m.
We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child
after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance
as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in
with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency,
please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to
arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary
(medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only
times when they are necessary.
1st Graders will be taking their shoe tying assessment starting the week of January 13th.
We will be participating in group games for the month of January.
There are no upcoming events to display.