Welcome to 4th Grade!! Although this year may be a little different than what we are used to, it's still going to be an AMAZING year filled with fun and learning. I can't wait to meet you all!
Please look at the following links for information on Spirit Days in the month of October!
This announcement was just made by the USDA this week:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Once school begins, my main general classroom communication is the REMIND text system, email (for both students and parents), and Google Classroom. I will continue to update this class page frequently with any new information that I need to share until I have those other forms of communication set up with your personal contact information.
The Switlik PTN is excited to advise our spirit wear sale will run from 9/14-9/25 with DependabiliTees of Howell. Our online store can be reached at:All orders will be distributed by the Switlik PTN. Please include teacher name. If your student is all remote, please be sure to include your phone number and email address. Please reach out to PTN.Switlik@gmail.com if you have any questions.
If you need to get in contact with me, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not forget to log on to the Genesis Portal each day your student is in school to complete the Daily Health Screening*
A bagged lunch in strongly encouraged. If you are buying lunch, please have money loaded on your account.
FYI...There will be NO parties, events, assemblies, field trips until further notice
Make sure you bring your FULLY CHARGED laptop and your planner with you each day to school
Here's what we are working on......
Math: Students are working on Topic 1: Generalize place value understanding through one million. This includes place value relationships, standard form, expanded form and number names.
Reader's Workshop: Students are working on Unit 1: Interpreting Characters- The Heart of the Story. Students will study the complexity of characters and explore themes while developing skills such as inference and interpretation.
Writing: Students are working on Unit 1: The Arc of the Story- Writing Realistic Fiction. Students will develop believable characters with struggles and motivations.
*It is VERY important to notify the main office and myself of a dismissal change for your child. Please call the main office or send a note/email with your child's full name, the date, and teacher's name on your letter.*
The 2020-2021 Box Top collection is under way! Please help support our PTN by sending in as many box tops as you can. You can also download the Box Tops app and scan receipts containing "Box Top" items.
I will be sending home Scholastic catalogs throughout the year. You can help us earn free books for our classroom!
Our class code is- H4LWD
I encourage you to take advantage of the enVision Math web site. It will provide your child with activities and games to practice and enrich; there is a wealth of resources available.
Students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson EnVision Math. You will NOT use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find your login instructions below:
- You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).
- Click “More” at the bottom.
Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Donations of tissues, hand sanitizer, and Lysol Wipes are always greatly appreciated.
Please send in an official doctor's note for your student's absence to be excused. Handwritten notes will not count.