Please click the link below to access OPTIONAL summer assignments for both reading and math. These will help maintain current levels and support growth!
Please click the links below to see important information regarding summer reading.
All students returning to school in September will keep their district-issued Chromebook for the summer. This will be the same Chromebook your child will use next school year. Any students who will not be returning to Jackson in September should return their Chromebook and charger to the school by Friday, June 18th.Information and additional questions about the devices can be found on our district technology webpage: https://www.jacksonsd.org/
HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY:
The success of advancing to this stage in our reopening process requires all of us to do our part. The safety of our students and staff must come first and we must ALL remain vigilant in our health and safety protocols.
- Keep your children home if they are sick;
- Keep your children home if anyone in your household has tested positive OR is experiencing COVID-compatible symptoms;
- Keep your children home if anyone in your household is awaiting a test result for COVID;
- Remember to truthfully fill out your Daily COVID Health Screening Form for your child each day.
- Remember to contact your school nurse if anyone in your house has been exposed to COVID, has COVID-compatible symptoms, or is being tested.
CONSISTENCY OF INSTRUCTION IS IMPORTANT:
- Students will be expected to attend every day, and to not flip between in-person instruction and synchronous instruction.
- The only exception would be for in-person students who should stay home due to quarantine.
Please see the following for important information on Free and Reduced Lunch
My main general classroom communication is the REMIND text system, email (for both students and parents), and Google Classroom. I will continue to update this class page frequently with any new information that I need to share until I have those other forms of communication set up with your personal contact information.
If you need to get in contact with me, I can be reached at email@example.com
*Please do not forget to log on to the Genesis Portal each day your student is in school to complete the Daily Health Screening*
FYI...There will be NO parties, events, assemblies, field trips until further notice
Make sure you bring your FULLY CHARGED laptop and your planner with you each day to school
Here's what we are working on......
Math: Students are working on Topic 1: Students will generalize place value understanding. This includes place value relationships, comparing whole numbers and rounding whole numbers.
Reader's Workshop: Students are working on Unit 1: Interpreting Characters-The Heart of the Story. Students will study the complexity of characters and explore themes while developing skills such as inference and interpretation.
Writing: Students are working on Unit 1: The Arc of Story-Writing Realistic Fiction. Students learn that the lenses they bring to reading fiction can also be brought to writing fiction, as they develop believable characters with struggles and motivations.
*It is VERY important to notify the main office and myself of a dismissal change for your child. Please call the main office or send a note/email with your child's full name, the date, and teacher's name on your letter.*
The 2021-2022 Box Top collection is under way! Please help support our PTN by sending in as many box tops as you can. You can also download the Box Tops app and scan receipts containing "Box Top" items.
I will be sending home Scholastic catalogs throughout the year. You can help us earn free books for our classroom!
Our class code is- H4LWD
I encourage you to take advantage of the enVision Math web site. It will provide your child with activities and games to practice and enrich; there is a wealth of resources available.
Students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson EnVision Math. You will NOT use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find your login instructions below:
- You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).
- Click “More” at the bottom.
- Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Donations of tissues, hand sanitizer, and Lysol Wipes are always greatly appreciated.
Please send in an official doctor's note for your student's absence to be excused. Handwritten notes will not count.