Please note that our classroom is a nut-free classroom. Please do not send any tree nut or peanut containing products to your child’s classroom during classroom celebrations or as a snack each day. We are asking your assistance in providing these students with a safe learning environment. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you need to get in contact with me, I can be reached at email@example.com
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
*It is VERY important to notify the main office and myself of a dismissal change for your child. Please call the main office or send a note/email with your child's full name, the date, and teacher's name on your letter.*
Our class is scheduled for last lunch, which is 1:00. I believe that the class would benefit from a mid-morning snack to help the students maintain their focus during lessons. Since we will be working through snack, I ask that you limit the snack to one healthy food item per day. (some examples: one piece of fruit, carrot sticks, pretzels, crackers) NO PEANUTS OR PEANUT PRODUCTS OF ANY TYPE DUE TO PEANUT ALLERGIES IN THE ROOM. Thank you for your cooperation!
The January Box Top contest is under way! Please help support our PTN by sending in as many box tops as you can. Collection sheets can be printed from the PTN website, or you can send them in loose.
Specials Schedule for 2019-2020
Monday: Music (Mr. Morgan)
Tuesday: Gym (Mr. Hamdi)
Wednesday: World Language (Mr. Luell)
Thursday: Computers (Mr. Autenrieth)
Friday: Art (Mrs. Zhang)
Here's what we are working on......
Math: Students are working on Topic 7: Students will be working with factors and multiples and discussing prime and composite numbers.
Reader's Workshop: Students are working in Unit 3 Interpretation Book Clubs. In this unit students will learn that there may be more than one meaning to a text. They will construct their own meaning based on prior knowledge, understandings, and experiences.
Writing: Students are working in Unit 3 The Literary Essay: Writing About Fiction. In this unit students build on their learning of essay writing and apply it to a unit on literary essays-that is, writing about fiction.
Spelling: Students are working in their designated spelling group. They will follow our class schedule and be tested on the 7th day of their cycle.
I will be sending home Scholastic catalogs throughout the year. You can help us earn free books for our classroom!
Our class code is- H4LWD
I encourage you to take advantage of the enVision Math web site. It will provide your child with activities and games to practice and enrich; there is a wealth of resources available at
* At the Pearson sign in page- click the box that says Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Auto
* Where it says choose your district- type and select: JACKSON TWP SCHOOL DISTRICT- INT
* Student log in:
* Username/Login: Student ID #
* Password: First name + grade level (example: Mark01)
In keeping with last year, we will be having our school store on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the cafeteria during lunch. Students will have the opportunity to shop once they have eaten. Items are priced between $0.25 - $2.00
Additionally, the PTN is always looking for volunteers, please contact Samantha Marley or PTN.firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations of tissues, hand sanitizer, and Lysol Wipes are always greatly appreciated.
Please send in an official doctor's note for your student's absence to be excused. Handwritten notes will not count.