Please be sure to sign up for a Parent/Teacher conference.
Directions are on the school website and have also been emailed to you.
Click the link below to view:
We will be using Google Classroom
for our First Grade Remote Academy this school year.
Your child was sent an invite to our google classroom. They will need to log on to their school gmail, click on the classroom icon in the mail menu and click "join" on our class: Mrs. Shroyer's Class.
Being present on our live meets will count as attendance each day.
Supporting your child during remote learning can be challenging. However, as parents and teachers, our goal has not changed.
We want our students to learn and grow as much as possible this year.
With that in mind, there are some simple dos and don’ts that can make a big difference in your child’s progress this year.
- make sure your child is dressed and has eaten breakfast before coming to Morning Meeting.
- create a dedicated space for your child to work from.
- help your child stay organized.
- make sure your child is online at the appropriate times.
- repeat directions as needed.
- give encouragement and/or motivation.
- praise your child’s effort.
- remind your child to ask for help when he/she is confused or unsure of what to do.
- remember the importance of productive struggle*.
- tell your child the answers to questions.
- complete work for your child.
- be surprised if your child hesitates to answer questions you know they know.
- forget that we learn by making mistakes!
Links to Special Area Teacher Pages:
Monday: Music/Mr.Morgan Grade 1 Music Google Classroom Link
Tuesday: Gym/ Mr. Hamdi https://classroom.google.com/
Wednesday: Computers/Mr. A. https://classroom.google.com/c/MTU4NjI5MDMxMzI1?cjc=ldse5lm
Thursday: Library/Ms. Palme Grade 1 Library Google Classroom Link
Friday: Art/Ms. Martinez Grade 1 Art Google Classroom Link
Please encourage your child to show kindness, respect and appreciation to others!
Bucket Filling Ideas To Do At Home:
1. Ask a friend, neighbor or family member if you can help them complete a chore
2. Help around the house, community, beaches, parks, libraries
3. Keep track of your bucket filling by using:
a calendar to record how you filled someone's bucket, a bucket and place stones inside to keep track or a journal to write about what you did!