Phase II of Remote Learning Plans:
Be sure to sign into google classroom!
I will also be available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Remind if you need assistance!Remote Learning Information:Please be sure you/your child is able to sign into their school gmail.Thank you all for joining our Google Classroom.If you need assistance with this, please contact me._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________It is suggested to try to do atleast 1 hour of work with your child each day. While this may seem like a lot....it can be done in a fun & creative way! We are hoping that 15-20 minutes of that time will be spent on independent reading. Also, if you play any kind of board games with letters, words, numbers or counting skills....that would be an awesome way to incorporate daily practice!Don't forget to allow time for some physical activity! I have included this Movement Mat if you need any ideas:click here....*you can print this out and have your child try to complete a few activities each day.Many companies are offering free access to parents during this time.Free Learning Websites:How Can You Help Your Child At Home?Practice our First Grade Snap Words:Remember to read each day!Try these activites:*General Notes*If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me or text me via Remind!
EnVision Math Login Instructions for Students:
Students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson EnVision Math. You will NOT use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find your login instructions below:
You MUST FIRST LOG INTO your district Google account (or Gmail)
Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is student initials student ID together.
While still in your Gmail, go to the Apps button (waffle).Click “More” at the bottom.
Click the “Easy Bridge” icon and you will be taken directly to Pearson. Just click “Realize” in the lower right and you’re there!
Please remember to send in a healthy snack each day for you child.
We are always collecting items for SCIENCE!
Please send in paper towel tubes, empty and clean water bottles,
small cardboard boxes(pasta,snack food boxes),craft stones/pebbles, zip lock baggies.
Thank you for your donations!
If you are able to donate any of the following items to our classroom, it would be greatly appreciated.
We use these items all throughout the year so you can send them in at any time:
tissues, paper towels, baby wipes, Lysol wipes, large and small zip lock bags,
large and small paper plates, lunch or craft bags, play dough, squishy balls
~Also, we can always find a use for any items that you may be looking to find a new home for. (games, puzzles, blocks, books, trinkets, toys, craft supplies, dollar store items or something fun for our treasure box)
One person's trash is another person's treasure!
Thank you for thinking about our class!
How is your reading STAMINA?
Please remember to read from your Reading Bag each day!
We are so very learning skills and strategies and good reading habits!
I am very proud of you!
Remember to practice your words every day!
Writer's Workshop Unit of Study:
When writing~remember our goals:
*Begin each sentence with a capital
*End each sentence with a: . ? or !
*Finger spaces in between words
*Check your work~Does it make sense?
Practice those facts!Please practice addition and subtraction facts to 18 with your child.A simple deck of addition and subtraction flash cards can be a huge help with this.
They can be purchased at the dollar store.It is very important that your child knows these facts in order to complete our timed fast facts tests.The math website is: Pearsonrealize.comHit the button Pearson Easybridge plus and autoFind the school that says Jackson Township school districtClick GoStudent login is: your child's student ID numberStudent password is: your child's first name with a capital letter and then 01 at the end of it.Please then follow all the steps on the screen to set up your child's account.
Remember to check your child's Take Home Folder each day.
Math homework will be marked with HW. Reading will also be a part of our daily homework, including an occasional reader's response. Homework is an important review and reinforcement of the day's work. Please provide a quiet space and encourage your child to do their best work. Also, review and SIGN your child's homework.
Remember to always pick "good- fit" books to read! It is easy to do:
- I choose a book
- Purpose- Why do I want to read it?
- Interest- Am I interested in it?
- Comprehend- Am I understanding what I am reading?
- Know- I know most of the words
Many Parents Ask:
How can I help my child become a better reader?
Continue to read to him every day and expose him to the language of books. Have him read to you. If he makes a mistake, simply tell him the correct word and let him move on. This increases enjoyment and fluency.
To increase comprehension, talk about the story after you've read it.
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
Please encourage your child to show kindness, respect and appreciation to others!
Bucket Filling Ideas To Do At Home:
1. Ask a friend, neighbor or family member if you can help them complete a chore
2. Help around the house, community, beaches, parks, libraries
3. Keep track of your bucket filling by using:
a calendar to record how you filled someone's bucket, a bucket and place stones inside to keep track or a journal to write about what you did!
Our lunch is at 12:15
We will be going outside daily, weather permitting. Please remember that for safety reasons, your child needs to be wearing sneakers to play on the playground. Thank you for your cooperation.
It is a great idea to send an extra water bottle to school for your child to drink after recess!
Please remember that birthday invitations can not be handed out in school.
If your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday, you may send a small treat to school. Birthday treats are enjoyed in the lunchroom, so please bring the treats to school by 10:30.
_____________________________________________________________________________Our Class Quote:Always try your best!
The Learning Never Stops!
Try some of these simple everyday learning experiences:
-Practice math addition and subtraction facts up to 18.
-Identify coins and their value.
-Look for geometric shapes.
-Pick out sight words on a menu when out to eat.
-Listen to audio books in the car.
-Put the television volume on mute or low and turn on the close captions.