Welcome to 2nd Grade
Mrs. Smith Class Page
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions at all and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I will be available during school hours and I will be checking my email.
Directions to log into Pearson Envision Math
Sign into your childs Google e-mail account.
Username is their student id# @jacksonsd.org
Password is initials and student id# (For example, Dana Smith would be ds123456)
If you don't know their student id# - please feel free to e-mail me or Mr. Autenrieth
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Mrs. Smith's LESSON PLANS:
Link to Mrs. Smith's 2nd grade remote learning lesson plans for the March 30th to April 8th
Prior lessons: Link to 2nd grade remote learning lesson plans for March 16th to 27th
scholastic learn at home freebies: www.scholastic.com/learnathome
Many companies have kindly offered free subscriptions to their programs and one of them is EPIC, which is an online library that provides us access to over 35,000 eBooks, Learning Videos, Quizzes, and more for K-5 students. This is awesome for our students to provide access to new books on their grade level (since I'm sure we're already in need of some new books to read)!
- Students have access to current and previous Scholastic News Magazines. Please click on the link above, click login, I am a student, and use the code to login.
- Students can explore any magazine, and watch videos, learn vocabulary cards, and play games that go along with it!
Students can log into student.freckle.com. Freckle will notify me as to who logged in and of student's progress.
Class code: I sent everyone their code on Dojo
- Raz-Kids and Headsprout are offering the chance to create free parent accounts.
- Click on the link above. Then scroll down to the bottom to where it says Raz-Kids or Headsprout and click "Start Subscription."
- For the question "Are you signing up for a classroom or home?" click "family or home." Then click "new customer."
- Fill in your name, zip code, email, occupation and the rest of the information it asks for, then create a username.
- An email will be sent asking you to confirm your account and then it should bring you to the Raz-Kids home screen.
- If you click Resources, you can explore leveled books or series, and there is also an assessment section as well. The process is the same for Headsprout.
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in
allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on
learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring
that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the
school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to
be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by
your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
● All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
● At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to
the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the
appointment or which student they are picking up.
● At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
● This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and
against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged
individually through the buzzer system.
● If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must
present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
● The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will
receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed
by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
● Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during
the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or
lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door,
inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or
exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
● No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
● Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule
● Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety
o Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
▪ Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
▪ Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
▪ Students must exit from the passenger side door.
▪ Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off
▪ Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this
can create a dangerous situation.
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the
main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign
them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each
time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
● Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open
at 3:05 p.m.
● Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child
● Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to
● Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
● Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m.
We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child
after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance
as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in
with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency,
please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to
arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary
(medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only
times when they are necessary.
Procedure For Party Sign Up!
You MUST Register on Sign Up Genius to Attend all Parties!
Be sure to connect to Class Dojo.
Report Cards: Please be sure you are ready to access your child’s report card on the district portal website. Also, please remember that if your Portal log-in does not work, please try the “Forgot My Password” link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the “Forgot Password” link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login ID’s or password (or if you do not have them), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name and phone number, as well as your child’s name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Mrs. Smith's Class- 2nd grade
I believe that a great parent-teacher relationship is necessary for a successful school year. My main general classroom communication is Class Dojo and the Class Page. I hope that you will visit Them often to learn what is happening in our room. I update our class page and Class Dojo with weekly with information on the skills and strategies that we are working on in class. Other announcements that pertain to our class will also be posted on our class page and Class Dojo!
Students will be assigned math homework nightly. Your assistance and support at home is truly appreciated.
I believe that the class would benefit from an afternoon snack to help the students maintain their focus during lessons. Students can also bring a sports bottle or water bottle to drink through out the school day. Please no cans. Thank you for your cooperation.
I have everything your child needs, however here are some things we could use in the classroom.
*Remember - You can access to the Envision Math series online. The link to your child's textbook and other helpful EnVision resources. Your child's username is your child's lunch number/ ID # - and the password is: their first name02. For example: Mary02
Be sure to log into class Dojo for updates and your childs daily progress!!! It's a great way to stay in touch with what is happening in room P3.
EnVision Math Login Instructions for Students:
New this school year, students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson EnVision Math. You will no longer use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find our login instructions below:
In keeping with last year, we will be having our school store on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the cafeteria during lunch. Students will have the opportunity to shop once they have eaten. Items are priced between $0.25 - $2.00
- Log into your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- Open a new tab and go to your school website (e.g. holman.jacksonsd.org)
- At the top of the page, go to “FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS”
- Click on “Envision Math Login”
- You will be taken to the Pearson envision website and will be automatically signed in.
- Click Pearson Realize on the right side and you’re ready to get your math on!
The PTN is always looking for volunteers, please contact Samantha Marley orPTN.email@example.com if you wish to help out.