Important Dates1/23- 1/30- Superbowl Food Drive- Vote for your favorite team by placing a non perishable food item in to the Team Box in the gym foyer.1/24- Reservation Forms due for Family Library Night1/31- Deadline for Sweetheart Dance reservations/payment2/3 No School2/7- Sweetheart Dance 6:30-9:00pm2/17- No School3/31- Deadline to order yearbooksPlease see the below safety information.
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.Our classroom is peanut and nut free. Please refrain from sending your child in with these foods. We also have banana and strawberry allergies.We will have a a working snack daily around 11:00 am. Please send your child in with a healthy, non messy snack. Please do not send in snacks that require eating utensils.Parents: Please join Remind to receive texts about upcoming class events.Text @cipully4 to 81010Important Dates11/15- Thanksgiving Pie Orders Due12/6- Holiday Paint Night 6:30-8:30 pm.Pointsetta pickup 6:30-8:30 pm12/6- Panther Holiday HeadquartersDeadline for Applebee's Santa Breakfast12/11- School StorePTN Meeting 7:00 pm12/14- Breakfast with Santa at Howell Applebees 8:00-10:00 am
Please see the directions below to access the Envison Math 2.0 online resources.
Students can access the link for Pearson Easy Bridge Plus by clicking the icon on the Switlik Home page. They will use their gmail account info to sign in.
See directions below.
1. Go to Switlik Page
2. Scroll to Bottom and click Pearson Easy Bridge Icon
3. Click Pearson Realize ( bottom right)
4. Enter your gmail information
lunch # @jacksonsd.org
password: initials and lunch #
Click the current Topic we are on in the text
You can view the online book, play games, watch the visual learning etc.
Scholastic Book Order Information
If you would like to order your child books, you can fill out the monthly order form and send it in along with a check to Scholastic Books. You can also go online to scholastic.com/bookclubs and order online with your credit card. The books will be delivered to school whether you order online or fill out the paper form. Our class activation code is GTTHJ
Monday: Music- Ms. Noble
Tuesday: World Language- Senor Luell
Wednesday: Art- Ms. Zhang
Thursday: Gym- Mr. Hamdi
Firday: Computers- Mr. Autenreith
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As part of our reading initiative to promote lifelong readers, Switlik Elementary School is excited to announce that we will be having a Book Character Spirit Day on Friday, January 17th. On that day, students can come to school dressed up as a character from a favorite book.
Have fun working with your child to plan a simple homemade costume. Please do not buy a book character costume! Just do your best to gather an assortment of hats, clothing, or other props to create a costume. Your child is also encouraged to bring a copy of the book to class that day.
Prizes will be awarded to classes with the most participation. We look forward to all the fun that will be happening throughout the day. Thank you for your support with this activity!
Group Book Character Ideas
The Day the Crayons Quit (Different Colored Crayons)
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Little Red Riding Hood
Dr. Seuss characters
Wizard of Oz
Click, Clack, Moo (cows and farmer)
Pinkalicious and friends
There Was an Old Lady Who…. series
I Survived series
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie series
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Willie Wonka)