Pearson is back up and running!Below is the direct link to the Cipully/Miller Google Classroom. You or your child can click it for direct access. As you know this is how we have been communicating and posting assignments. The remote plans from March 30-April 8 will be posted on it next week along with all of the necessary assignments. As always please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions.Teacher emails:Scholastic News Online Class Passwordroadblue2924 ( This is to access online magazines not to place book orders)Dear Families,Thank you for all of your patience and support during this unsettling and unprecedented time in our lives. I know things can be very overwhelming, but we will get through this.Please don't fret over the "Corona Slide". During the last two weeks the students have been reviewing previously tuaght skills to keep their minds active. Future lessons will involve new content, but Mrs. Miller and I will do our best to provide our students with as much remote support as possible. Please remember that all of our children are experiencing the same educational challenges right now. Take a deep breath and enjoy the extra time home with your children and the lack of hustle and bustle brought on by our once busy lives. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need any assitance. Please give your kids an extra hug from us. We miss them very much!Sincerely,Mrs. Cipully and Mrs. MillerRemote Learning Weeks 3 &4 ( March 30-April 8)See link at top of page which will take you directly to the Cipully/Miller 4 Classroom. Assignments will be posted daily. Please be patient as the Pearson site for math has been experiencing difficulties due to increased usage. They are working on fixing the issue.Dear Familes,The following items were sent home with students in the event school is cancelled due to the Coronavirus.
- Remote Learning Notebooks
- Remote Learning Folder
- 2 weeks of reading logs ( they have dates on them, but just disregard and change the date if needed/I had extra copies of those weeks.)
- 4 Scholastic News Magazines ( only use if we are out for more than 10 days)
- Student ID cards ( please keep in a safe place like a wallet)
- 2 library books ( one fiction and one nonfiction)
We also sent home students' Reader's Workshop folders/notebooks. These will need to be brought back to school when it is in session.3/30-4/3- Virtual Spirit Week ( see Google Classroom for info)4/30- Deadline to order yearbooks ( online orders only)4/2- Report Cards Available on Parent Portal4/9-4/19- Spring BreakPlease see the below safety information
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.Our classroom is peanut and nut free. Please refrain from sending your child in with these foods. We also have banana and strawberry allergies.We will have a a working snack daily around 11:00 am. Please send your child in with a healthy, non messy snack. Please do not send in snacks that require eating utensils.Parents: Please join Remind to receive texts about upcoming class events.Text @cipully4 to 81010Important DatesReport Cards Available to Parents April 2020!
Please see the directions below to access the Envison Math 2.0 online resources.
Students log into their Google Accounts. They may go to google.com and sign in at the top right to "Gmail"
Username is lunch # @jacksonsd.org
Password: initials and lunch # (unless they since changed it to their own unique passwords to better protect their accounts).
Click Google Apps (Top Right) once signed in. Look for Easy Bridge, Then Select Pearson Realize!
You can view the online book, play games, watch the visual learning etc.
Scholastic Book Order Information
If you would like to order your child books, you can fill out the monthly order form and send it in along with a check to Scholastic Books. You can also go online to scholastic.com/bookclubs and order online with your credit card. The books will be delivered to school whether you order online or fill out the paper form. Our class activation code is GTTHJ
Monday: Music- Ms. Noble
Tuesday: World Language- Senor Luell
Wednesday: Art- Ms. Zhang
Thursday: Gym- Mr. Hamdi
Firday: Computers- Mr. Autenreith
"Due to increasingly high demand, Realize is currently experiencing intermittent performance and login issues. We are working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible and will provide updates shortly.
All special area teachers have listed some activities on their class pages. These ativities are completely optional. The special area teachers are as follows. If you would like your child to complete any of these acitivies please see their individual class pages and direct any questions to the appropriate teacher.
Music- Mrs. Noble
Gym- Mr. Hamdi
Art- Mrs. Zhang
World Language- Senor Luell
Computers- Mr. Autenrieth