Dear Families,This has definitely been a challenging year. Mrs. Miller and I woud like to thank you for all your support this year especially during remote learning. We really appreiate all of your efforts in helping your children succeed from home. We know it wasn't easy with all the other added stress in your lives. Your children are commended for their hard work and dedication to learning. We are so pleased that they completed their daily work and communicated with us on a regular basis as well as actively participated in our virtual class sessions. We wish all of you a well deserved relaxing summer. We hope you can finally get out and enjoy some non quarantined family time!We encourage all students to practice their math facts and read over the summer. The district summer reading assignments are optional this year. The links and documents for this program can be found in the Student Resources Section (Helpful Links and Helpful Documents) if your child chooses to participate.Report Cards will be available on the portal Friday 6/19.Parents Please Read Below regarding the return of school items.
Book/Item Collection: We will be holding a “ Drive Thru” style event for parents and students to return items (Teacher/ Media Library books, calculators, classroom supplies etc..) from the school beginning on Thursday, May 28th – Friday, June 12th from 8:00 am -12:30pm at the school. Please enter through the school entrance as usual and proceed to the front of the building (Main Entrance). Carts/bins will be positioned on the left sidewalk closest to the teacher’s parking lot for easy access. Should there be inclement weather, please refer to the Switlik Web Page in the event that the book drop off has to be canceled for that scheduled day.
During this event, it is important that all parents and students remain in their cars, practice social distancing and ensure a safe environment for all. No one is permitted to walk around the school campus, the parking lot, or other parts of the campus. Please come at the time that is best for you and your family during these time frames. Please be advised, school loaned Chromebooks are not being collected at this time. Additional information will be communicated at a different time.
Attention all Switlik parents….
To recognize our traditionally scheduled Game Days…. Mr. Hamdi thought it would be fun to have some game day challenges. Mr. Hamdi has created an awesome Game Day Challenge for all Switlik students in kindergarten through fifth grade. A Google Slideshow will be shared with all students through the Switlik Webpage the week of June 1st. On it, you will find 6 bitmojis of Mr. Hamdi in various formats. Next to each Bitmoji there is a grade level arrow showing you which activity is aligned to each grade level challenge. Please click on the Mr. Hamdi Bitmoji and watch the youtube video that goes with it. Then, have your child complete the challenge. If you would like, you can film them performing the skills and send them to Mr. Hamdi (email@example.com) or me, Mrs. McKiernan (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email or shared through Google drive. Looking forward to seeing some, or all of your videos! Save the date….check out the Switlik Webpage the week of Monday, June 1st!Attendance will be taken daily beginning Monday, May 18th. In order to be marked present, your child needs to answer the daily question from our read aloud- Sign of the Beaver which is posted on the Google Classroom Stream daily. If your child has a different literacy teaher, their daily math work will be checked for attendance.Parents please be advided that students should now be completing weekly assignments posted by their special area teachers. Please don't forget to have your child visit their Special Area teachers' class pages to complete the required work.Music - Ms. NobleWorld Language Mr. LuellArt - Mrs. ZhangGym- Mr. HamdiComputers - Mr. Autenrieth
Please reach out to the specific teacher with any questions or concerns.Below is the direct link to the Cipully/Miller Google Classroom. You or your child can click it for direct access. As you know this is how we have been communicating and posting assignments. As always please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions.Teacher emails:Scholastic News Online Class Passwordroadblue2924 ( This is to access online magazines not to place book orders)Please see the below safety information
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.Our classroom is peanut and nut free. Please refrain from sending your child in with these foods. We also have banana and strawberry allergies.We will have a a working snack daily around 11:00 am. Please send your child in with a healthy, non messy snack. Please do not send in snacks that require eating utensils.Parents: Please join Remind to receive texts about upcoming class events.Text @cipully4 to 81010Important DatesReport Cards Available to Parents April 2020!
Please see the directions below to access the Envison Math 2.0 online resources.
Students log into their Google Accounts. They may go to google.com and sign in at the top right to "Gmail"
Username is lunch # @jacksonsd.org
Password: initials and lunch # (unless they since changed it to their own unique passwords to better protect their accounts).
Click Google Apps (Top Right) once signed in. Look for Easy Bridge, Then Select Pearson Realize!
You can view the online book, play games, watch the visual learning etc.
Scholastic Book Order Information
If you would like to order your child books, you can fill out the monthly order form and send it in along with a check to Scholastic Books. You can also go online to scholastic.com/bookclubs and order online with your credit card. The books will be delivered to school whether you order online or fill out the paper form. Our class activation code is GTTHJ
Monday: Music- Ms. Noble
Tuesday: World Language- Senor Luell
Wednesday: Art- Ms. Zhang
Thursday: Gym- Mr. Hamdi
Firday: Computers- Mr. Autenreith
"Due to increasingly high demand, Realize is currently experiencing intermittent performance and login issues. We are working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible and will provide updates shortly.