Welcome to Mrs. McElwee's Read180 Class Page!!
Please feel free to email me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week of 1/25:
This week we will continue our workshop, The Earth Moves. We will be learning about earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis and compare different ways to be prepared.
We will continue our regular schedule and regular independent work.
Morning Class-Whole Group Google Meets will be at 9:05.
Small Group #1 Meet at 9:35
Small Group #2 Meet at 10:00
Small Group #3 Meet at 10:25
Afternoon Class-Whole Google Meets will be at 12:30.
Small Group #1 Meet at 1:00
Small Group #2 Meet at 1:30
Small Group #3 Meet at 2:00
For Switlik Students and Families:
Switlik Souper-Bowl: Vote for your favorite team Monday January 25th through Friday, February 5th. Help the Jackson Food Pantry by sending in non-perishable food items such as mac & cheese, peanut butter, cookies, canned goods and soups Staff and students will cast their vote by placing their donation in your favorite team’s bin.
Attention all Remote Students: Team boxes will be placed outside the Main Entrance between the hours of 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. beginning Monday, January 25th- Friday, February 5th in order for you to cast your vote.
For Rosenauer Families:
Good afternoon Rosenauer Families,
School Picture day is almost here! January 27th for Group 1 in person students and January 28th for Group 2 in person students. These students will be taking pictures with their class during school hours.
Remote students only - don't forget to reserve your spot here Picture Sign Up - REMOTE students only.
** Please make every effort to attend your scheduled time as there will only be one makeup date set for March 1st for all students. Further details to follow.
For your convenience click on this link School Picture Flyer for online ordering.
Other Important Information:
Student Expectations for Google Meets
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all students are asked to observe the following guidelines:
- Keep in mind, you are IN SCHOOL! Hours and attendance will run simultaneously with your scheduled classes. Students are expected to log in and remain for the entirety of the class period.
- Be on time.
- Come prepared.
- Follow the school dress code.
- Find a quiet place free of distractions. Family members, including parents, guardians, siblings, should not be a part of the meetings. Do not attend meetings from your bed.
- Attempt to select an area in your home with enough space for necessary items- books, notebooks, computers, etc.
- Make sure your device is charged and ready for use.
- Turn cameras ON; show your face. Do not turn off your camera.
- Mute yourself until you are told to unmute.
- Ask questions in the chat and/or raise your hand. If for some reason a student needs to leave the meeting, they should comment in the chat.
- Use polite and appropriate language. No side conversations.
- Give your best effort online as you would in the classroom.
- Do not record meetings to protect the privacy of all participants. You must have legal consent from all of the participants to record a meeting. Inappropriate use/behavior on Google Meets will be handled according to the district’s Code of Conduct.
Parent/Guardian Google Meet Behaviors
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to observe the following privacy guidelines:
- Google Meetings are designed for students to seamlessly transition to remote learning. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians should not actively participate in sessions. You may assist with technology. Any academic support should come from the teacher.
- Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit any part of a Google Meeting. You must have legal consent from all of the participants to record a meeting.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating in a Google Meeting should not be collected, discussed or shared.
- Parents/guardians should not engage with students during Google Meetings.
- If a parent/guardian has a question, please email your child’s teacher.
OUR SCHOOL IS A BUCKET FILLING SCHOOL!"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."~ Arthur Ashe