Welcome to Mrs. McElwee's Read180 Class Page!!
Please feel free to email me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week of 4/12:
I hope everyone enjoyed their spring break! This week we will continue Workshop 6: Go Team! We will read about a wide variety of teams and learn the crucial value of teamwork in accomplishing tasks and reaching goals. Also during April, we will be back to using our reading logs.
Morning Class-Whole Group Google Meets will be at 9:05.
Small Group #1 Meet at 9:35
Small Group #2 Meet at 10:00
Small Group #3 Meet at 10:25
Afternoon Class-Whole Google Meets will be at 12:30.
Small Group #1 Meet at 1:00
Small Group #2 Meet at 1:30
Small Group #3 Meet at 2:00
Other Important Information:
Student Expectations for Google Meets
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all students are asked to observe the following guidelines:
- Keep in mind, you are IN SCHOOL! Hours and attendance will run simultaneously with your scheduled classes. Students are expected to log in and remain for the entirety of the class period.
- Be on time.
- Come prepared.
- Follow the school dress code.
- Find a quiet place free of distractions. Family members, including parents, guardians, siblings, should not be a part of the meetings. Do not attend meetings from your bed.
- Attempt to select an area in your home with enough space for necessary items- books, notebooks, computers, etc.
- Make sure your device is charged and ready for use.
- Turn cameras ON; show your face. Do not turn off your camera.
- Mute yourself until you are told to unmute.
- Ask questions in the chat and/or raise your hand. If for some reason a student needs to leave the meeting, they should comment in the chat.
- Use polite and appropriate language. No side conversations.
- Give your best effort online as you would in the classroom.
- Do not record meetings to protect the privacy of all participants. You must have legal consent from all of the participants to record a meeting. Inappropriate use/behavior on Google Meets will be handled according to the district’s Code of Conduct.
Parent/Guardian Google Meet Behaviors
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to observe the following privacy guidelines:
- Google Meetings are designed for students to seamlessly transition to remote learning. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians should not actively participate in sessions. You may assist with technology. Any academic support should come from the teacher.
- Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit any part of a Google Meeting. You must have legal consent from all of the participants to record a meeting.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating in a Google Meeting should not be collected, discussed or shared.
- Parents/guardians should not engage with students during Google Meetings.
- If a parent/guardian has a question, please email your child’s teacher.
OUR SCHOOL IS A BUCKET FILLING SCHOOL!"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."~ Arthur Ashe