MRS. WARDELL AND MRS. ZONI
Ms. Green - Student TeacherAs per the district message, we will continue to be Remote. Please continue to follow the schedule we have been on this week and join the link in the 'Whole Class Google Meet' at 9:05. The day's schedule is posted under classwork. Thanks:)😊 Parent Teacher conferences will be held on December 1, 2 and 3. Please check the schedule for your time - Conference Schedule. Your parent/teacher conference confirmation has been sent to your child's email. Please use the Google Meet link in the Wardell/Zoni Whole Class Google Classroom at your scheduled time. Conferences are scheduled for 10 minutes. The Conference Report is attached in the email for your review. Thanks:)Contact InformationPlease contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
*Please log-in to your students Jackson Email to access our Google Classroom and to join Class Dojo*I promise everyday your children will learn something.
Some days they will bring it home in their hands.
Some days they will bring it home in their heads.
Some days they will bring it home in their hearts.
"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Dr. Seuss
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OFTEN FOR CURRENT CLASSROOM HAPPENINGS AND UPDATES AND DON'T FORGET TO FILL OUT YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH SCREENING FORM DAILY.
FROM THE PTN:
Holiday Shop is entirely virtual and will be running from 11/16-12/4. All items will be delivered to PTN and sorted/packaged. They will be distributed to all families in early December, before the holidays.
Go to: Holiday Shop
Below is information and resources on instruction and how we will communicate throughout the school year.
Class Page: Our class page will be updated weekly with any important information that is happening in our classroom and announcements that pertain to our class, school, and community. This is one form of communication that is used throughout the year. This website can also be used to access digital resources, tools and remote learning expectations.
Google Classroom: Our google classroom is where assignments and lessons will be posted throughout the year and where students will submit their assignments.
Google Meet: Google Meetings will be held each remote learning day. The link to access the google meet will be found in the google classroom. Please review google meet expectations.
DIRECTIONS TO ACCESS TO PEARSON MATH WEBSITE:
SPECIAL AREA TEACHERS (Please visit their Google Classroom for Meets and assignments)
Music - Mr. Morgan
Art - Mrs. Martinez
Phys. Ed. - Mr. Hamdi
Library - Mrs. Palme
Computers - Mr. AutenreithI will be sending home Scholastic catalogs throughout the year. You can help us earn free books for our classroom!
Our class code is- H8QW7
On the days that your child is not in school, they will be expected to log into Google Classroom and to complete on-line assignments. We will also have a Google Meet to take attendance and to check in and review work at the end of the day. The District Tech Tool Kit and Student/Parent Tutorials are available to help you with some common tech problems and document questions. This link was added to the school website for you to use to ccontact technology with any password/hardware issues with your District chromebook or Google accounts: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLScL11y5ayX5huR5OUsiKV41 RWxxEAJDReSSL9SciQsvxklAmg/ viewform
Remember to take breaks Break Choices and have some fun, and use all of our learned strategies that you have in your toolbox whenever you are feeling sad, upset or frustrated. (Listen to music, talk about it, do yoga, artwork, play, read, snuggle with your pet, or take 10 deep breaths...)
Chromebooks have been provided to each student for use at home and in school for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year. Please remember to bring your chromebooks to school each day and charge every night so they are accessible for in person and remote learning. Please review chromebooks protocol and expectations below:
Our lunch is scheduled for 11:20 - 11:50.
We encourage each child to bring in a labeled water bottle each day.
*There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom*
We are a nut free classroom.
This announcement was just made by the USDA:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets as the weather will start to get cooler! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- In the backpack, it is also encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 incase the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Dirty masks will just be put in their backpack so you know the difference.Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- The students are also encouraged to bring in a water bottle each day. We will not have access to the water fountain due to the current situation, so I kindly ask that a water bottle be sent in everyday (it must be water, no juice in the classroom).
- Our room gets pretty chilly so I recommend the students bring a sweatshirt or sweater to keep in their backpack, especially at the start of the year when it is much warmer outside than in our classroom!
- Lunches may be purchased, but is recommended to bring a bagged lunch.
- I will be meeting the "at home" group in the afternoon each day around 2:20. More information on this will be shared shortly.
- Please send in a note if there will be a change in dismissal for your child. All dismissal notes are sent down to the office in the morning. It is IMPORTANT that you date these notes, include your child's full name, and my name.
*There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom*
We have provided everything your child needs to have a successful year in 2nd grade. If you would like, please send in a small pencil case to keep inside their desks please make sure it is labeled with their name on it. If you would like to donate some needed items to our classroom, we are always in need of tissues, paper towels, and wipes.
Planners - We will use the Planner that was sent home as a communication tool between our class and your home. Homework and reminders will be written there each morning. Please sign the Planner and review the Homework folder on a daily basis. A written note is required if your child is to be picked up early, or is not to go home on the bus or to Childcare.
PLEASE TRY TO MEMORIZE BUS # AND STUDENT ID#.
What is Bucket Filling?
Actions or words that show that you care about someone. Saying or doing something kind. Giving someone a heartfelt smile. Using names with respect. Helping without being asked. Giving sincere compliments. Showing respect to others. There are hundreds of wonderful ways to fill buckets. The language of bucket filling has become synonymous with being kind and thoughtful. Your bucket will be filled when, at the close of each day, you reflect on the ways in which you have filled buckets.
Thanks to all our SUPER heroes.
If you need a resource for books, the information on EPIC books online was sent in ClassDojo, and here is the link for our class Epic Books. Also, the Ocean County Library link is here http://theoceancountylibrary.org/node/227.
Students may also enjoy GoNoodle.com
and Art Hub (on you tube).
Several learning websites are now available for free due to school closings across the country. Please spend some time checking them out.
Free Sites for Distance Learning
Wonderopolis: Every day this site shares a new wonder, submitted by kids, and the answer, in an article with a video.
National Geographic Kids: Games, articles, and videos about animals and nature.
Mystery Doug: Video science lessons and activities
Typing Club: Use your time at home to learn keyboarding skills!
Scholastic Learn at Home: Daily learning projects from Scholastic, geared for different grade levels
Explore Animal Webcams: Observe animals live on webcams from around the world
Virtual Museum Tours: Take a free virtual museum tour of a famous place, like the British Museum in London
Hour of Code: Learn coding skills with an hour of code activity.
Design Squad Global: Watch PBS Design Squad videos, to learn about science and engineering challenges
Khan Academy: Free online video lessons in math and other subjects
Crash Course Kids: Elementary school science videos
Family Activity Ideas
Indoor Activities for Kids Stuck at Home: Buzzfeed lists 27 fun activities for kids home from school
70 Educational Activities: A former homeschooler shares 70 educational activities you can do when you're stuck indoors.
Podcasts: Listen to a podcast together. Common Sense Media curated this list of best podcasts for kids.
Cosmic Kids Yoga: Stay active as you practice yoga together.
Distance Reading Book Bingo: Read together and complete this bingo board!
HERE IS A LINK TO ACCESS eBOOKS DIGITAL LIBRARY https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNUxCPjTPld4RD8yT9rx0aLdytOAmemFCcZqoDIuFNo/edit
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: THE AWESOME SWITLIK PTN IS IN NEED OF PARENTS WISHING TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH THE WONDERFUL ACTIVITIES THAT THEY PROVIDE FOR SWITLIK SCHOOL.
IF YOU HAVE AN QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT: