WELCOME TO 2ND GRADE
January 17th: School spirit Day
Come to school dressed as your favorite book character!!!!
From The Switlik School Office
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
"Tis the season for the sneezin'"!
We are in need of tissues for our classroom. If you happen upon a wonderful sale, won't you please think of our noses?
Please make sure to put your child's name or Initials on the tags in their jackets to avioid confusion and help if it should happen to end up in the lost and found.
Our room temperature fluctuates, so keeping a light sweatshirt or jacket in their backpack is helpful.
We will go outside to the playground daily as long as the weather cooperates. The weatherman is not always correct and it can be windy and chilly on the playground, so again, a light jacket, just in case is a great idea.
Please sign up for important notifications regarding our classroom. We use the REMIND APP, which is a one way messaging system from Me to you. Information will be coming home on how to sign up.
We are aiming for 100% participation!!
January 8- school store
January 17: Dress as your favorite book character
Scholastic book order:
Please opt to order books online. It saves time and is easy!
Online class code JCYTL. Ordering online allows you to be able to order from the entire Scholastic site. You are not limited to the flier. I will be notified that your order was placed.
Fun Math site: Freckle.com (teacher code boninm)
A great way to practice fluency while having fun. The students have the login info in their planner.
Please sign up for our remind app to keep informed of class events
REMIND APP: text @bonino2 to 81010
The school store will be the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Your child will be able to shop at the end of lunch after they have finished their lunch. Items available are basic school supplies priced from .25 to $2.00.
The PTN is always looking for volunteers to help. If interested, please contact Samantha Marley or PTN.switlik.gmail.com
You are able to acess the math series online, as well as view the video to help you better understand the lesson. ALSO, the 3 math pages that are sent home nightly give you a complete step by step guide to how to complete the problems. If your child accidently leaves their math work at school, you may print it out at home.
Please practice addition and subtraction facts with flash cards. Five minutes nightly makes a world of difference!!
Keep collecting those BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION!!! TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS, RELATIVES AND FRIENDS TO SAVE THEM FOR US! Do not hold on to the for extended periods of time as they have an expiration date.
If there are any changes in your child's dismissal routine (child care, parent pick up, etc. please submit a note in writing with your child's full given name, classroom teacher (me!) and what the change will be. This note is given to the receptionists and they might not know who "JP" is. If there is a last minute change, please call the school at 732-833-4650 and let the office know. They will contact me immediately.
Having a set of flash cards (both addition and subtraction) at home will help your child to become successful in math. These can be either homemade (index cards are perfect) or store bought (available at most Dollar Stores). Reviewing math facts for five minutes each night will greatly help them become successful learners.
I look forward to a wonderful year.
WE are a TEAM!
Together Each Achieve More
I can be reached via email at Kbonino@jacksonsd.org. If your child will have any change in their regular dismissal schedule (bus instead of child care, pick up instead of bus, etc.) please send in a written note with your child's first and last name and the date. These notes are sent to the office so that reception knows of any changes. If there is a last minute change, please call the office. (732 833-4650). This will ensure that I receive any updates.
Our class uses the REMIND app for class updates. You will be given sign-up information at back to school night. REMIND is a one-way source of information, from me to you only. It helps you to stay apprised of all pertinent dates and information, ie, book fair reminder, test date reminder, picture day reminder, etc.
* At the Pearson sign in page- click the box that says
Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Auto
* Where it says choose your district- type and select:
JACKSON TWP SCHOOL DISTRICT- INT
* Student log in:
* Username/Login: Student ID #
* Password: First name + grade level (example: Mark01)