Attention all athletes interested in Cross Country this Fall 2022:
We welcome all participants to the upcoming 2022 Cross Country season. Cross Country is a no-cut sport. Everyone who has received a physical and is cleared by the nurse can join the team as long as athletes abide by our team expectations. All athletes are expected to:
- demonstrate a commitment to the sport.
- give their best effort at all times.
- uphold the values of the team: respect, integrity, perseverance, and teamwork.
GETTING STARTED: Sports Physicals (Pre-participation Packet)
- If you do not yet have a sports physical, you can sign up on the Jackson District Page for a physical at Jackson Liberty HS. There is no charge for the exam. Please be sure to print a sports packet and complete the parent portion of the packet.
- The physical at JLHS is Wednesday August 3rd. As of now, the time has not been released (last time it was 3-7pm). Information will be released via email to parents, or you can access it on the district athletics page.**Be advised that you will need to schedule the physical by logging into your child's student account.
- Physicals scheduled with your family physician are due no later than 8/1/22 in order to be reviewed and cleared by school MD before 8/15/22. Schedule your physical now! Print out the physical packet and bring it with you to the appointment.
- If it has been 90 or more days since you had a physical, but less than a year, you must fill out the Interim Form.
- Contact the Health Office if you are unsure of what you need (732-833-4741).
REMINDER TO ALL PARENTS:
Please ensure the following forms and/or requirements have been completed and submitted prior to your athlete's participation.
Please follow the link below to the Jackson School District Athletics homepage to find the relevant forms and/or materials.
Cross Country Summer Practices!!!
This year we will be able to start our practices over the summer. Our summer practices will be in the morning so that we can take advantage of cooler weather. We do not make cuts - everyone who has a physical and is cleared by the nurse can join the team. We do require a commitment to the sport and effort to do your best. If you can demonstrate both you make the team. The following schedule will be in place as allowed by the weather! All practices will be held at Goetz Middle School. Please sign up for remind to be notified of any changes!
Summer Practice Schedule:
Starting Monday, August 15 - Wednesday August 31
Boys will practice Monday - Friday
Girls will practice Monday, Wednesday, Friday
All practices will be from 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Water labeled with your name
A towel (also Labeled)
Anything you bring with you must be labeled - no one will touch any items that do not belong to them
**Bug Spray is recommended!!
STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE TEAM
- Stay updated on team news and events.
- Join the Cross Country Google Classroom for access to forms and training information. Enter code qogpynp or click this link: Google Classroom.
Remind: Pick a way to receive messages for Girls Cross Country: If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/4899c Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app. rmd.at/4899c Join Girls Cross Country Full Name First and Last Name Phone Number or Email Address (555) 555-555. If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @4899c to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @4899c to (646) 606-2831. * Standard text message rates apply. To 81010 Message @4899c Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/4899c on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
In preparation for the season you may want to make sure you have good running shoes.Questions to Coach Veronica Burnett VBurnett@jacksonsd.org
Everyone needs to wear running shoes that are meant for TRAINING not RACING. The best shoes will have a wide, supportive heel cup and cannot be easily bent in half at the middle. Those shoes are racing flats and they do not provide proper support for the impact your legs, feet, and joints will receive while training.
Suggestions - Please do not feel that you must purchase one of these styles! Do some research - I also suggest going to a running store such as Miles Ahead Sports in Wall or Runners High in Freehold. They should help you find the perfect shoe for your foot. However, please be sure to ask for training (or even trail) shoes and NOT Racing flats. In the past I have suggested the following shoes - however these are just suggestions - there may be newer models of these shoes or more current choices.
New Balance 840
Adidas Supernova Riot
Asics GEL-Trabuco 11 WR
Saucony ProGrid Xodus
Salomon Speedcross 4
Asics Gel Kayano 24
Ms. Veronica Burnett