No Practice today - Monday October 12 due to weather - sorry for the late notice - I don't get to look out a window!
No practice tomorrow - Tuesday October 13 - I have 2 meetings after school
Wednesday, October 14 - Away meet at Toms River Intermediate North - Meet the bus at Goetz at 2:15 - We will take yearbook pictures before we get on the bus.
Join at: https://meet.google.com/lookup/gz5tf2t5y3?authuser=0&hs=179
Cross Country will begin on MONDAY,SEPTEMBER 14TH AT THE GOETZ MIDDLE SCHOOL @3:00 - 4:30. IT WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM PRACTICE EACH DAY. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAY AFTER AND WAIT FOR PRACTICE TO BEGIN.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL IN ORDER. PLEASE CONSULT THE DISTRICT POLICY ON PHYSICALS TO KNOW WHERE YOU STAND (LINK BELOW). IF FOR SOME REASON YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH PHYSICALS PLEASE CONTACT ME - DON'T ASSUME THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY. THE LINKS BELOW HAVE ALL OF THE INFO YOU WILL NEED TO PARTICIPATE ON MONDAY. WE WILL BE ADDING TO THE TEAM PAGES A DAILY COVID SCREENING FORM THAT MUST BE FILLED OUT PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION EVERYDAY.
Water labeled with your name
A towel (also Labeled)
2 Masks and a ziplok baggie labeled with your name to put your mask in while you are running
Anything you bring with you must be labeled - no one will touch any items that do not belong to them
*We will be wearing a mask at all times except while running (wear a mask even while stretching)
Basic information (so far)
Physicals – here is the information that the school district put out about physicals for this year:
As we work to open the High School and Middle School Athletic seasons for the FALL of 2020-2021, we need to ensure that all student athletes submit proof of a physical through the Pre-Participation Physical Packet filled out by your doctor. In order for a physical to be valid, it must have been done within the 365 days prior to the beginning of the first official practice of the Fall 2020 season.
Due to the circumstances of the pandemic, the NJSIAA is allowing parents who have not had an opportunity to complete their child's physical yet to submit proof that they have an appointment scheduled before Oct. 23, 2020.
Filling out this quick online Proof of Scheduled Physical Form is how you will let us know you have an appointment scheduled before Oct. 23, 2020. WE MUST RECEIVE THIS PROOF OF SCHEDULED PHYSICAL FORM BACK FROM YOU BY SEPT. 14TH.
- If you have completed and submitted your child's Pre-Participation Physical already, you do NOT need to fill out this Proof of Scheduled Physical Form.
- If your child's physical is expired, you need to provide two things in order for your child to participate in fall sports:
- Proof of Scheduled Physical Form (on-line Google form)
IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, WE MUST RECEIVE THESE HARD COPY FORMS BACK FROM YOU BY SEPT. 11TH.
REMINDER: Even if your child's physical was completed within 365 days of the first practice - if it was done more than 90 days prior to that first practice, you still have to fill out a paper Medical History Update Form (Interim Form).
- The Medical History Update Form is to be completed and submitted ONLY if your child has a valid Pre-Participation Physical on file with the school nurse that has been completed within the last 365 days.
- If the physical was not completed within 90 days of the start of the season or the student has decided to participate in a sport that was not listed on their physical, a Medical History Update form must be completed and submitted to the school nurse.
- A new Medical History Update Form must be submitted every 90 daysthereafter until the physical expires.
All forms are available for print/download on the district's Athletic Forms Page: www.jacksonsd.org/athleticforms.
ATHLETICS DAILY SCREENING FORMS:
Each day there is a practice or game, we must have an Athletics Daily Health Screening Form filled out for each student athlete.
- This form is IN ADDITION TO the Daily COVID Health Screening Form parents are required to fill out each morning on the Portal before their child attends school in person.
- This is a requirement of the NJSIAA and our ability to offer an athletic program is contingent upon receiving a response on this form for every student athlete DAILY if they have a practice or a game.
To be filled out by Middle School PARENTS every day there is a practice or game
Everyone needs to wear running shoes that are meant for TRAINING not RACING. The best shoes will have a wide, supportive heel cup and cannot be easily bent in half at the middle. Those shoes are racing flats and they do not provide proper support for the impact your legs, feet, and joints will receive while training.
Suggestions - Please do not feel that you must purchase one of these styles! Do some research - I also suggest going to a running store such as Miles Ahead Sports in Wall or Runners High in Freehold. They should help you find the perfect shoe for your foot. However, please be sure to ask for training (or even trail) shoes and NOT Racing flats. In the past I have suggested the following shoes - however these are just suggestions - there may be newer models of these shoes or more current choices.
New Balance 840
Adidas Supernova Riot
Asics GEL-Trabuco 11 WR
Saucony ProGrid Xodus
Salomon Speedcross 4
Asics Gel Kayano 24
Ms. Veronica Burnett