Degrees and Certifications:
Goetz is a great middle school! This is my 21st year teaching sixth grade in the Literacy Dept. I enjoy helping students improve their reading, writing, and speaking skills. I hope that I can make this an enjoyable year of learning for my students! Parents, if you ever need to contact me, you can jot a note in the Planner, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Welcome to Sixth Grade Literacy Class!Sixth Grade Stdents Will:
- Read works that focus on text complexity and its academic language
- Extract and employ evidence from text, literary and informational text
- Build knowledge through content rich non-fiction
- Write essays by responding to text, including comparison and synthesis of ideas
- Be introduced to and use Notice & Note Fiction and Non-Fiction as a close reading strategy
- Use PVLEGS techniques for speaking in front of a class
- Homework 20%
- Participation 30% (includes oral and written participation)
- Assessment 50% (includes tests, quizzes, book reports, and writing assessments)
After School Help:Mon.-Thurs. until 3:00 (excluding days for faculty meetings and dept. meetings)
Upcoming Events App
There are no upcoming events to display.