Degrees and Certifications:
Goetz is a great middle school! This is my 22nd year teaching sixth grade in the Literacy Dept. I enjoy helping students improve their reading, writing, and speaking skills. I hope that I can make this an enjoyable year of learning for my students! Parents, if you ever need to contact me, you can jot a note in the planner, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Students will not be receiving a planner from the school.
Welcome to Sixth Grade Literacy Class!Sixth Grade Students Will:
- Read works that focus on text complexity and its academic language
- Extract and employ evidence from text, literary and informational text
- Build knowledge through content-rich non-fiction
- Write essays by responding to text, including comparison and synthesis of ideas
- Use grammar skills to improve writing and speaking
- Use PVLEGS techniques for speaking in front of the class
- Homework 20%
- Participation 30% (includes oral and written participation)
- Assessment 50% (includes tests, quizzes, book reports, projects, and writing assignments)
After School Help: Mon.- Thurs. until 3:00 (excluding days for faculty & dept. meetings) Students need to check with me before planning to stay and have parental permission.
Sixth Grade Literacy Supplies 2022-2023
- A planner for writing down homework assignments
- Black or dark blue pens - erasable or ballpoint (no marker or gel pens that bleed through the paper)
- Red pens
- A pencil
- Small box of colored pencils
- 2 composition books- any color (sewn bindings)
- 1 soft pencil case (If you already have a hard one, that is okay.)
- Sticky notes
- I will provide you with 1 folder for this class.
- NO binders are needed for this class.
- A box of tissues would be appreciated, but not necessary.
Upcoming Events App
There are no upcoming events to display.