Mission Statement and Goals & Objectives
Note: These guiding documents were created with the assistance of the Jackson School District’s Strategic Planning Committee, which was comprised of staff, administrators, Board of Education members, parents and students.
The committee worked to craft them during the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 school years and presented them to the Board of Education for approval.
JACKSON SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Jackson School District is a partnership of dedicated staff, learners and community members committed to developing the unique abilities of each student through compelling learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment.
Our comprehensive, engaging and technology-enriched programs inspire, educate and motivate students to become independent, creative and critical thinkers who will thrive in a diverse, evolving, global society.
We are resolved that through commitment to scholarship, character and initiative, our students will succeed beyond the expectations of the New Jersey Student Learning Standards as they excel in their life-long pursuit of knowledge.
Statement of Values & Beliefs
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- All students can learn.
- Students learn best in an atmosphere of acceptance, tolerance and mutual respect.
- All staff will set high expectations for themselves and for their students.
- Education is most successful when individual learning styles, needs, and talents are respected and utilized.
- It is our responsibility to provide an environment that fosters creativity, develops critical thinking and promotes academic and personal growth.
- Attendance is essential to motivate students to learn.
- Current and relevant technology is an integral part of enhancing instruction.
- Offering diverse instructional opportunities in core subjects and in the fine and performing arts is essential to providing an effective and well-rounded education.
- Athletics and extra-curricular activities are valuable to a student’s collective educational experience and to creating a culture of leadership, sportsmanship and initiative.
- Collaboration among highly qualified educational staff, students, families and the community will maximize the potential of all students.