6th grade Literacy with
Sixth Grade Students Will:
- read works that focus on text complexity and its academic language
- extract and employ evidence from text, literary and informational text
- build knowledge through content rich non-fiction
- focus on the 6 + 1 Traits of Writing
- write essays by responding to text, including comparison and synthesis of ideas
- be introduced to and use Notice and Note Fiction and Non-Fiction as a close reading strategy
- Use PVLEGS techniques for speaking in front of a class
1 inch 3 ring binder
1 pack of binder dividers
notebook paper to fill binder
*If there is a problem acquiring these supplies, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (732) 833-4610
Degrees and Certifications:
This is my 19th year teaching at the Goetz Middle School. During that time, I have had the pleasure of working in the Literacy department. I hope I can make this a fun year of learning for my students.
Parents/Guardians: Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. email@example.com
To All Students:
Please access Google Classroom to complete ALL daily remote learning assignments. If you have any questions regarding the assignments, please feel free to email me from your school account during normal school hours.
Today's Assignments Day 15 Friday, April 3rd
1. Read for 20 minutes and write a summary of your reading on the worksheet in Google Classroom.
2. Finish Narrative yesterday if not done.
3. Finish Google Slide if not done.
4. Complete Student Check-In Survey in Google Classroom.
Day 14 Thursday, April 2nd
1. Review the comments on your Narrative Screening Sample
2. Review the material on the Tips For Writing WS
3. Begin to rewrite your narrative. Write a story continuation that uses the components of a good story, as well as, dialogue.
Day 13 Wednesday, April 1st
1. Read carefully and study the two attachments with Dialogue information in Google Classroom.
2. Then complete the third attachment which is a Worksheet on Dialogue. Read the directions carefully before completing it.
Day 12 Tuesday, March 31st
1. Watch Brainpop on point of view and take quiz (directions and password in Google Classroom)
2. Complete worksheet on point of view in Google Classroom
3. Complete a Google Slide between now and Friday. See Google Classroom for details.
Remote Learning Google Classroom Links