Literacy class grading policy is as follows:
- 50% Assessments - this includes tests, quizzes, End of Book projects, and Final Unassisted Writing assignment for each marking period.
- 30% Classwork and Participation - includes in-class work and group work and signposts
- 20% Homework
There will be occasional homework in this class and you will be expected to complete it to the best of your ability and hand it in on time. Grading will be as follows:
- Complete and on time is 100%, but I reserve the right to take off points for incomplete work.
- One day late will result in a 50%, this option will not always be available though. If we are going over the answers in class, no credit will be given.
- After 1 day, homework will not be accepted.
I understand things come up in life, so if there is an issue please see me after class and we can discuss it.
If you miss a class for any reason, here’s what to do:
- Ask me ASAP what was missed. I will give you any necessary hard copies of papers that you need, and I will chat with you about when to make up any missed tests, quizzes, or lessons.
- Turn in any projects or assignments that were due on the day(s) you were absent.
- Do not rely on friends. They might forget important details.
- You have one day to make up assignments or assessments for each day you are absent, as per school policy.