The week of 10/17 will be BUSY! Here's whats happening:
Wed. - Book Fair after lunch
Thur. - Fire Safety Visit by Fire Dept. (permissionslip required to enter the "firehouse" trailer)
Fri. - SCHOOL PICTURES!
Picture Day is fast approaching on Friday, October 22nd. Please review the guidelines set forth below to ensure the safety of all students and staff in reference to group class pictures:
- Students will be arranged on risers standing shoulder to shoulder. We are unable to photograph the students socially distanced – 3 feet apart.
- Students will wear their masks as they are arranged for the picture. At the very last minute, the photographer will ask them to remove their masks and hold it in hand.
- When the group image is captured, the students must immediately replace their masks as they leave the area.
- Please inform your child's teacher if you do not want your child to participate in the class picture.
Switlik Book Fair: October 11th – October 25th
We’re excited to invite you to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair. Our class will be shopping on October 20th. Hosted by our staff, this event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of reading. As always, all purchases benefit our school.
After missing out on many beloved traditions, our fall Book Fair will be a familiar, welcome,and safe event for our students. Here’s what you need to know about the Fair:
- Our Book Fair offers a cash-free payment option called eWallet. It’s a convenient digital account that your child can use for shopping at our Fair. Grandparents, friends, and others can contribute, too!
- If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop online at our school’s Virtual Book Fair. All
orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25.
Your online orders will also benefit our school.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and
It is important that you bring your charged laptop to school with you every day! Our Google Classroom will be the hub for your learning, and we will be setting it up on our very first day together.
Interested in knowing all of the Spirit Day themes for the year? Here you go!
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns you may have. My email address is:firstname.lastname@example.orgAN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MULTIPLICATION FACTS:
The best gift that you and I can give your child is the support that they need to MEMORIZE their multiplication facts. Memorization of facts frees up all of their working memory so that they can concentrate on the bigger task - solving the real problem before them.
Some important upcoming dates/events:
Wed. 10/20 - Book Fair at 1:30
Fri. 10/22 - PICTURE DAY!