Welcome to 2nd grade
Mrs. Smith Class Page
Game Day News
Dear Switlik Families,
As our Game Days are quickly approaching, I would like to outline some guidelines to make each day safe, efficient
and fun for all.
● Only parents who have signed up through their child’s classroom teacher to assist in Game Day activities will
be permitted to participate in the day.
● All parents must sign in with our receptionists located in the main entrance of our building. It is district
policy that a photo identification is presented to our reception area each and every time you enter our school.
Absolutely no one will be permitted to participate unless they are signed in with proper identification, their
Game Day pass, and will then be presented with their visitor’s badge. Your badge must be on you at all times
while you are on school grounds.
● For safety reasons, siblings are not permitted to attend Game Day this includes high school students as well.
● Game Day T-Shirts are to remain “intact” for Game Day. T-Shirts should not be cut or embellished.
● Game Day will end promptly at 1:00 p.m., at which time your child will have their lunch.
● We discourage you from signing your child out after Game Day, as it will count as a half-day absence. There
will be instructional time for the remainder of that day.
Game Day Schedule – Weather Permitting (dates are subject to change):
Monday, June 3 Kindergarten
Tuesday, June 4 Grade 1
Wednesday, June 5 Grade 2
Thursday, June 6 Grade 3
Monday, June 10 Grade 4
Tuesday, June 11 Grade 5
The PTN will be providing a free pizza lunch from a local pizzeria for all students in Grades K-5 on the day of their Game Day. Each student will be given two slices of pizza and a bottle of water compliments of the PTN. The PTN hopes that this adds to the fun and excitement of the Game Day experience! If your child(ren) does not wish to participate, they may either purchase lunch in the cafeteria or bring in lunch from home.
Procedure For Party Sign Up!
You MUST Register on Sign Up Genius to Attend all Parties!
Be sure to connect to Class Dojo.
Report Cards: Please be sure you are ready to access your child’s report card on the district portal website. Also, please remember that if your Portal log-in does not work, please try the “Forgot My Password” link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the “Forgot Password” link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login ID’s or password (or if you do not have them), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name and phone number, as well as your child’s name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Mrs. Smith's Class- 2nd grade
I believe that a great parent-teacher relationship is necessary for a successful school year. My main general classroom communication is Class Dojo and the Class Page. I hope that you will visit Them often to learn what is happening in our room. I update our class page and Class Dojo with weekly with information on the skills and strategies that we are working on in class. Other announcements that pertain to our class will also be posted on our class page and Class Dojo!
Students will be assigned math homework nightly. Your assistance and support at home is truly appreciated.
I believe that the class would benefit from an afternoon snack to help the students maintain their focus during lessons. Students can also bring a sports bottle or water bottle to drink through out the school day. Please no cans. Thank you for your cooperation.
*Remember - You can access to the Envision Math series online. The link to your child's textbook and other helpful EnVision resources. Your child's username is your child's lunch number/ ID # - and the password is: their first name02. For example: Mary02
Be sure to log into class Dojo for updates and your childs daily progress!!! It's a great way to stay in touch with what is happening in room P3.
EnVision Math Login Instructions for Students:
New this school year, students will use their district Google account credentials to log into Pearson EnVision Math. You will no longer use a username or password to access your Math resources and class assignments.
Please find our login instructions below:
- Log into your district Google account (or Gmail)
- Your email is studentID@jacksonsd.org
- If this is your first time logging into Gmail, your password is welcome#jsd.
- Open a new tab and go to your school website (e.g. holman.jacksonsd.org)
- At the top of the page, go to “FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS”
- Click on “Envision Math Login”
- You will be taken to the Pearson envision website and will be automatically signed in.
- Click Pearson Realize on the right side and you’re ready to get your math on!
Next Wednesday will be our first school store of the year. In keeping with last year, we will be having our school store on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the cafeteria during lunch. Students will have the opportunity to shop once they have eaten. Items are priced between $0.25 - $2.00
The PTN is always looking for volunteers, please contact Samantha Marley orPTN.email@example.com if you wish to help out.