Boys Cross Country Fall 2022
Attention all athletes interested in Cross Country this Fall 2022:
We welcome all participants to the upcoming 2022 Cross Country season. Cross Country is a no-cut sport. Everyone who has received a physical and is cleared by the nurse can join the team as long as athletes abide by our team expectations. All athletes are expected to:
- demonstrate a commitment to the sport.
- give their best effort at all times.
- uphold the values of the team: respect, integrity, perseverance, and teamwork.
GETTING STARTED: Sports Physicals (Pre-participation Packet)
- If you do not yet have a sports physical, you can sign up on the Jackson District Page for a physical at Jackson Liberty HS. There is no charge for the exam. Please be sure to print a sports packet and complete the parent portion of the packet.
- The physical at JLHS is Wednesday August 3rd. As of now, the time has not been released (last time it was 3-7pm). Information will be released via email to parents, or you can access it on the district athletics page.**Be advised that you will need to schedule the physical by logging into your child's student account.
- Physicals scheduled with your family physician are due no later than 8/1/22 in order to be reviewed and cleared by school MD before 8/15/22. Schedule your physical now! Print out the physical packet and bring it with you to the appointment.
- If it has been 90 or more days since you had a physical, but less than a year, you must fill out the Interim Form.
- Contact the Health Office if you are unsure of what you need (732-833-4741).
REMINDER TO ALL PARENTS:
Please ensure the following forms and/or requirements have been completed and submitted prior to your athlete's participation.
Please follow the link below to the Jackson School District Athletics homepage to find the relevant forms and/or materials.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE TEAM
- Stay updated on team news and events. Text @ag63ebb to the number 81010 to join the Boys Cross Country Remind or click this link: REMIND.
- Join the Cross Country Google Classroom for access to forms and training information. Enter code qogpynp or click this link: Google Classroom.
UPCOMING PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
Boys Cross Country will begin practices on Monday, August 15th. Practices will be held at Goetz Middle School unless otherwise indicated on the team calendar.
Please bring the following supplies to each practice:
- Running Shoes (detailed information provided below)
- Water labeled with your name
- A towel (also labeled)
- Any other items you bring with you must be labeled - no one will touch any items that do not belong to them.
In preparation for the season, you should make sure you have good running shoes.
Everyone needs to wear running shoes that are meant for TRAINING, not RACING. The best shoes will have a wide, supportive heel cup and cannot be easily bent in half at the middle. Those shoes are racing flats and they do not provide proper support for the impact your legs, feet, and joints will receive while training.
Suggestions - Please do not feel that you must purchase one of these styles! Do some research. Miles Ahead Sports in Wall or Runners High in Freehold are good places to speak with an associate who can provide advice. They should help you find the perfect shoe for your foot. However, please be sure to ask for training (or even trail) shoes and NOT racing flats. The following shoes may be appropriate, although there may be newer models of these shoes or more current choices.
New Balance 840
Adidas Supernova Riot
Asics GEL-Trabuco 11 WR
Saucony ProGrid Xodus
Salomon Speedcross 4
Asics Gel Kayano 24