We hope everyone is having a great summer! We expect to hold our first team practice on August 15th. In the meantime, if you haven't already begun training, get out there and start running today. Keep your training plan simple - find a fun, safe place to run. Choose a distance that is comfortable for you. Or, run for a predetermined amount of time - 10 minutes, 20 minutes... whatever works for you.
Having trouble getting started? Make it fun! Find a loop outside, like running around your house or up and down your driveway. Set a timer for 5 minutes and see how many times you can do it before the timer goes off!
Your goal is to start running now.
Keep in mind, it is summertime. Follow these tips for summer running:
- Run during cooler morning or evening times
- Run in shaded areas out of direct sunlight
- Take lots of walking breaks as needed
- Stay hydrated by drinking water
- If the heat index suggests it’s dangerous to exercise outside, skip your run that day or play a fun exercise game indoors.