Please see the Google Classroom for daily posted assignments and annoucements.
***Login Information for EBSCOHOST***
User ID: jackson08527
Password: 2021research!***Login Information for ABC-CLIO***username: jackson08527password: jackson08527
Related Literature: Genre- based:
Fiction, Prose, Drama, Poetry, Non-fiction
A Palestinian Teacher’s Methods Earn The Attention of More Than Her Class
China Will Feel One Child Policy’s Effects for Decades, Experts Say
How ISIS Built the Machinery of Terror Under Europe’s Gaze
The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
Shakey Safety Record for Billion-Dollar Company AECOM Overseeing Nuclear Facility
Selfless Playstation Worker Customizes Controller for Gamer with Cerebral Palsy
Wanted at the New York Times: A Real Liberal-Left Populist Columnist
How One Tiny Vermont College is Taking on Big Agriculture
Most College Students Want Free Speech On Campuses - But Not When It’s Hate Speech
Apple’s Message to Customers About Security and Government
At War: Notes From the Front Lines
Middle School Vs. My Gay Son - Blog
Going Global: Debating the Ethics of National Borders
Sportsmanship Taking a Beating from Ego
Possible Broad Topics:
- Climate Change
- Foreign aid
- Nuclear Weapons
- Animal Poaching
- Human Rights
- Space Exploration
- Ocean Exploration
- Mining Natural Resources
- Role of the United Nations
- Data Security
- Cyber Defense
*All entries should be about a page long in a journal (3/4 page regular paper)
*Must explain the thought process and develop each entry thoroughly (all will be separate grades in addition to being averaged together for 15% of the final exam)
- After viewing the first anchor video, ask yourself what possible issues are raised? Which of these can you see as a focus for your inquiry based project for this semester? Why? Explain.
- After reading the assigned articles, what other topics do you see as a possible choice? Be sure to refer to specific details from the article. After reading this article, are you more interested in this topic than you were in the one that intrigued you in the anchor video? Why or why not? Explain.
- After completing your preliminary research, will this potential topic work for the semester long inquiry-based project? Do you believe that you will be able to find sufficient evidence to support your topic? Is your topic too broad or too narrow? Explain your findings.
- After speaking with my classmates, what did I learn about my potential choice? Was your opinion changed after talking it over? Why or why not? Explain.
- After all of the preliminary activities, what led to your choice? Explain how you are “connected” to this topic. What is my need to study this topic?