- Switlik Elementary School
Dear Switlik Families:
Moving Up Ceremony: The day is quickly approaching where our 5th Grade Students will celebrate their moving up to Middle School. The celebration will begin promptly at 9:20 a.m. on Friday, June 16th. Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that the day runs smoothly:
- Please make sure your child arrives to school on time.
- Please make sure your child/children adhere to the district dress code policy for this special day.
- Please bring the two designated tickets with you to the ceremony. Each ticket holder must have a valid picture identification to enter the building. No exceptions.
- Parents/Guardians will not be allowed in the building before 9:00 a.m.
- Please enter and exit the school through the gym lobby doors.
- Please remain in the gym area.
- Siblings may not be signed in/out to attend the ceremony. They must take an absence for the entire day.
- If you wish to sign your 5th grade student out after the ceremony, it will be done in your child’s classroom.
JTV will be streaming the ceremony live, and DVD’s will be available for purchase to cherish the day’s special events.
Spring has sprung! The days are longer, the flowers are beginning to bloom, the grass is growing and the warmer weather is arriving. With warm weather upon us, for some, that means allergies. Please make sure our nurse, Mrs. Kossmann, knows of any allergies your child may suffer from. We also keep an eye on asthma concerns since the children will spend more time outdoors running and playing hard. Please be mindful of the district’s dress code policy and items that are not permitted (flip flops, tank tops, etc.) to ensure safety and compliance. Please refer to the Switlik Handbook for any additional information.
Parent Survey on Elementary Homework: The Jackson School District is interested in getting feedback from parents and guardians about homework in our elementary schools. We'd like to get your opinions and thoughts on both the AMOUNT of homework your children are assigned, and your thoughts on how VALUABLE homework is to their education.
Please take a few moments to share your thoughts with us. This survey is anonymous - your email address or personal information will NOT being collected. The survey should take less than three minutes. It will close on June 16.
Media: All students in grades Kindergarten through Fifth are asked to return all borrowed library books by Thursday, June 15th.
Does your 5th Grade child want to play a sport in Middle School next year?
Sports physicals are being held on the dates listed below. All physical will take place at Jackson Liberty High School from 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6th for students who will attend Jackson Liberty High School or McAuliffe Middle School
- Thursday, June 15th for students who will attend Jackson Memorial High School or Goetz Middle School
See our school website for more information and for the physical schedule and time for each sport. You must register for a physical. Pre-Participation Physical Packets are available online or in your school nurse’s office. If you have a conflict for the date for your school, you may choose either date to come for your physical.
- All students will need to bring with them to the physical a completed Pre-Participation Physical Packet. These packets can be downloaded or picked up in the nurses’ or athletic offices.
- Parents are welcome to have their family doctor do their child’s physical packet is submitted to the school nurse by June 15th.
- To have a district physical, you must sign up for a time slot by filling out our Physical Registration Form online.
- You will need to be signed into your child’s district Google account to complete this registration.
Please refer to the district website for additional information.
End of the Year Parties: will be held throughout the week of June 12 through June 20th. Please be cognizant of our entry procedures for our End of the Year Parties:
- Visitors will be limited to 1-2 visitors per student.
- Visit your teacher’s class page for sign-up information.
- Please understand that if your name is not on the list, you may not be allowed t to enter the class party.
- Each guest will receive a ticket that must be presented when you sign in with the receptionists.
- Tickets are non-transferrable.
- Please refrain from cell phone/camera use while visiting your child’s classroom. Not all parents have consented to have their children photographed.
- Any student who plans on being signed out early by someone other than their parent/guardian, must be accompanied with a note stating permission.
All guests planning to attend classroom celebrations are asked to park in the designated area outside of the gym entrance. All guests are asked to enter and sign in with our receptionists located in the gym lobby. It is district policy that a photo identification is presented to our reception area each and every time you enter our school. Absolutely no one will be permitted to participate unless they are signed in and are presented with their visitor’s badge. Your badge must be on you at all times while you are on school premises. We discourage you from signing your child out after the party, as there will be instruction time for the remainder of the day.
Thank you to all our students, teachers and parent community for helping to continue to make Switlik Elementary School a safe place for the entire Switlik Family.
Box Tops – Please continue to clip those box tops and earn cash for the Switlik PTN. Our goal this is year is to raise $5,000.00 by just cutting Box Tops! The class that collects the most each month wins a munchkin and juice party! For a list of participating Box Top products, visit www.btfe.com/products
Switlik Art Museum: Thank you to Ms. Martinez and Mrs. Quick for transforming our school into an “Amazing Work of Art” for our annual Switlik Art Museum. The halls were packed as parents, guests and students had the opportunity to tour the magnificent display of art work throughout the building.
Game Days: Our Game Days are quickly approaching. Your child(ren) should bring a towel, cold drinks (no soda, please), healthy snacks, a hat…and be sure to put sunscreen on at home, as teachers are not permitted to do so on your behalf. Please be sure your child wears sneakers and keep all jewelry at home on Game Days! We are looking forward to action packed days! Please see the schedule:
Kindergarten: Canceled – New Date TBA
Grade 1: Thursday, June 1st
Grade 2: Friday, June 2nd
Grade 3: Monday, June 5th
Grade 4: Tuesday, June 6th
Grade 5: Wednesday, June 7th
The PTN is once again providing a free pizza lunch from a local pizzeria for all students on the day their grade participates in Game Day. Each student will be given two slices of pizza and a bottle of water at no charge. If your child(ren)does not wish to participate, (s)he can either purchase lunch in the cafeteria or bring in lunch from home, as usual. The PTN hopes that his adds to the fun and excitement of the Game Day Experience. Your child’s COMPLIMENTARY GAME DAY SHIRT have been sent home. Please have your child(ren) wear his/her shirt on their grade level’s Game Day. Please click here for important information regarding our game days.
Attention Parents – Reading Festival News!! The date is set, the “Switlik Reading Festival” has been scheduled for Friday, June 9th and I would like to thank the many volunteers who signed up to make this day a true success. Switlik students were committed to the challenge of meeting our school –wide reading goal of 600,000 steps for the 2016-2017 school year. To date, students have reached well over 600,000 steps. There will be obstacle courses, games, popcorn and a DJ. There will also be a special Dunk Tank for those students who reached their reading goal every month. At the event, the students will find out who is in the dunk tank –who will it be- the principal, vice- principal or your child’s teacher?
June 2nd: Grade 5 Class Trip to Black Bear Lake – BBQ
June 7th: Grade 4 NJ ASK Make-Up Test
June 12th: Grade 3 End of Year Parties
June 13th: Grade 1 End of Year Parties
June 14th: Grade 4 End of Year Parties
June 15th: Kindergarten End of Year Parties
June 16th: Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony
June 20th: Grade 2 End of Year Parties
June 20-23: Shortened Days
June 23rd: Last Day of School
Report Cards: Please be sure you are ready to access your child’s report card on the district portal website. Report cards will be available on the portal to parents on June 23rd . Also, please remember that if your Portal log-in does not work, please try the “Forgot My Password” link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the “Forgot Password” link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login ID’s or password (or if you do not have them), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number, as well as your child’s name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
We will be on a shortened day schedule effective June 20th through June 23rd. School hours will be 9:05 to 1:35 for all students in Grades K-5.