- Switlik Elementary School
Dear Switlik Families:
Switlik Art Museum: Thank you to Ms. Martinez and Mrs. Quick for transforming our school into an “Amazing Work of Art” for our annual Switlik Art Museum. The halls were packed as parents, guests and students had the opportunity to tour the magnificent display of art work throughout the building.
Moving Up Ceremony: The day is quickly approaching where our 5th Grade Students will celebrate their moving up to Middle School. The celebration will begin promptly at 9:20 a.m. on Wednesday, June 20th Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that the day runs smoothly:
- Please make sure your child arrives to school on time.
- Please make sure your child/children adhere to the district dress code policy for this special day.
- Please bring the two designated tickets with you to the ceremony. Each ticket holder must have a valid picture identification to enter the building. No exceptions.
- Parents/Guardians will not be allowed in the building before 9:00 a.m.
- Please enter and exit the school through the gym lobby doors.
- If you wish to sign your 5th grade student out after the ceremony, it may be done in your child’s classroom.
JTV will be streaming the ceremony live, and DVD’s will be available for purchase to cherish the day’s special events.
Immediately following the Moving Up Ceremony, 5th grade students and their guests will be invited back to the classrooms. To congratulate them on their accomplishment, the PTN will provide two cookies and one water bottle to each 5th grade student. .
The 2017-2018 yearbook was presented, and the cover which was chosen by the 5th graders won by a landslide. The winner was the American Flag design. The PTN also presented the winners of the poetry contest and announced our top three poems. First Place was awarded to Jordanlynn Mlotkiewicz, Second Place was awarded to Dominique Lopez and Third Place to Victoria Marconi. All three poems will appear in the 2017-2018 Switlik Yearbook.
Does your 5th Grade child want to play a sport in Middle School next year?
Sports physicals are being held on the dates listed below. All physical will take place at Jackson Liberty High School from 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 6th for students who will attend Jackson Liberty High School or McAuliffe Middle School
- Tuesday, June 12th for students who will attend Jackson Memorial High School or Goetz Middle School
See our school website for more information and for the physical schedule and time for each sport. You must register for a physical. Pre-Participation Physical Packets are available online or in your school nurse’s office. If you have a conflict for the date for your school, you may choose either date to come for your physical.
- All students will need to bring with them to the physical a completed Pre-Participation Physical Packet. These packets can be downloaded or picked up in the nurses’ or athletic offices.
- Parents are welcome to have their family doctor do their child’s physical packet is submitted to the school nurse by June 12th.
- To have a district physical, you must sign up for a time slot by filling out our Physical Registration Form online.
- You will need to be signed into your child’s district Google account to complete this registration.
Please refer to the district website for additional information.
End of the Year Parties: will be held June 13th through June 19th. Please be cognizant of our entry procedures for our End of the Year Parties:
- Visitors will be limited to 1-2 visitors per student.
- Visit your teacher’s class page for sign-up information.
- Please understand that if your name is not on the list, you may not be allowed t to enter the class party.
- Each guest will receive a ticket that must be presented when you sign in with the receptionists.
- Tickets are non-transferrable.
- Please refrain from cell phone/camera use while visiting your child’s classroom. Not all parents have consented to have their children photographed.
- Any student who plans on being signed out early by someone other than their parent/guardian, must be accompanied with a note stating permission.
All guests are asked to enter and sign in with our receptionists through the Main Entrance. It is district policy that a photo identification is presented to our reception area each and every time you enter our school. Absolutely no one will be permitted to participate unless they are signed in and are presented with their visitor’s badge. Your badge must be on you at all times while you are on school premises. We discourage you from signing your child out after the party, as there will be instruction time for the remainder of the day.
Thank you to all our students, teachers and parent community for helping to continue to make Switlik Elementary School a safe place for the entire Switlik Family.
Media: All students in grades Kindergarten through Fifth are asked to return all borrowed library books by Friday, June 8th.
Box Tops – Please continue to clip those box tops and earn cash for the Switlik PTN. Our goal this is year is to raise $5,000.00 by just cutting Box Tops! The class that collects the most each month wins a munchkin and juice party! For a list of participating Box Top products, visit www.btfe.com/products
Game Days: Our Game Days are quickly approaching. Your child(ren) should bring a towel, cold drinks (no soda, please), healthy snacks, a hat…and be sure to put sunscreen on at home, as teachers are not permitted to do so on your behalf. Please be sure your child wears sneakers and keep all jewelry at home on Game Days! We are looking forward to action packed days! Please see the schedule:
Kindergarten: Wednesday, June 6th
Grade 1: Thursday, June 7th
Grade 2: Monday, June 11th
Grade 3: Tuesday, June 12th
Grade 5: Wednesday, June 13th
Grade 4: Friday, June 15th
The PTN is once again providing a free pizza lunch from a local pizzeria for all students on the day their grade participates in Game Day. Each student will be given two slices of pizza and a bottle of water at no charge. If your child(ren)does not wish to participate, (s)he can either purchase lunch in the cafeteria or bring in lunch from home, as usual. The PTN hopes that his adds to the fun and excitement of the Game Day Experience. Your child’s COMPLIMENTARY GAME DAY SHIRT have been sent home. Please have your child(ren) wear his/her shirt on their grade level’s Game Day. Please click here for important information regarding our game days.
5th Grade Health Talk: On June 5th , Fifth grade students will be participating in a health talk. These classes deal with Human Growth and Development, and are separated by gender. Our Physical Education Teachers will talk to the boys and girls separately.
Attention Parents – Reading Festival News!! The date is set, the “Switlik Reading Festival” has been scheduled for Friday, June 8th and many volunteers are needed to make this day a true success. Switlik students were committed to the challenge of being life-long readers. There will be obstacle courses, games, popcorn and a DJ. There will also be a special Dunk Tank for the top ten students with the highest reading steps in each class. At the event, the students will find out who is in the dunk tank –who will it be- the principal, vice- principal or your child’s teacher? We are in need of volunteers to assist with and monitor the games and obstacle courses. If you are able to help, it would be greatly appreciated.
June 5th: 5th Grade Health Talk
June 5th: 3rd Grade Class Trip to Shoprite (Gilmore, Ackerman, Hughes)
June 6th: Kindergarten Game Day
June 7th: Grade 1 Game Day
June 7th: 3rd Grade Class Trip to Shoprite (Boyle, Brown, Perrine)
June 7th: 5th Grade Tour of Goetz Middle School
June 8th: Last day for library books to be returned
June 8th: Reading Festival
June 11th: Grade 2 Game Day
June 12th: Grade 3 Game Day
June 13th: Kindergarten EOY Parties
June 13th: Grade 5 Game Day
June 13th: Grade 5 Coffee with the Principal/9:00 a.m. – Goetz Middle School
June 14th: Grade 1 EOY Parties
June 14th: Grade 5 Yearbook Distribution
June 14th: Grade 5 Safety Breakfast
June 14th: Water Festival
June 15th: Grade 2 EOY Parties
June 15th: Grade 4 Game Day
June 18th: Grade 3 EOY Parties
June 19th-22nd: Shortened Days
June 19th: Grade 4 EOY Parties
June 20th: Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony
June 21st: Bubbakoo’s Burritos Night
June 22nd: Last Day of School
We will be on a shortened day schedule effective June 19th through June 22nd. School hours will be 9:05 to 1:35 for all students in Grades K-5.