- Switlik Elementary School
Back to School News
Dear Switlik Families,
As the summer is slowly winding down, and the new school year is approaching, I wanted to share some important information with you so that you can prepare for the beginning of the school year. The first day of school for students is Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
Preschool and Kindergarten Student Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 30th.
- Kindergarten : 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Preschool: 11:15 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.
- Families that are new to the Switlik School (any grade level) may come to the building on August 30th at 1:00 p.m. for a tour of the school.
If you have not already done so, please bring your child to have their picture taken for their student ID card. Any missing documentation (i.e, immunizations, proof of residency, etc.) that were required at registration may be brought in at this time as well. Please enter through the Main Entrance of the building (by the Flagpole) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m (Monday - Thursday). Student ID cards will be distributed at orientation and are needed for the first day of school to ride the school bus.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHTS
- Preschool: Monday, September 18th at 5:30 p.m.
- Grades K & 1: Monday, September 18th at 7:00 p.m.
- Grades 2 & 3: Tuesday, September 19th at 7:00 p.m.
- Grades 4 & 5: Thursday, September 21st at 7:00 p.m.
- Regular School hours: 9:10 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Shortened Day hours: 9:10 a.m. - 1:40 p.m.
- Delayed Opening hours: 11:10 a.m - 3:20 p.m.
A comprehensive listing of all district school hours can be found on the School Hours Page
- Elementary Teacher Assignments will be available on the Parent Portal after 9 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24, 2023.
- Bus Passes for all students will be available on the Parent Portal after 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023.
Please see the Portal Information Page for instructions on how to view and print your schedule and bus pass and what to do if you cannot print it out.
Drop-off/Pick-up Procedures- This year we will continue our current method of drop-off and pickup.
- Drop-off in the outer lane of the loop by the gym.
- Unless enrolled in childcare no student is to be dropped off prior to 8:55, as no staff will be on duty.
- If your child needs assistance exiting the car please find a designated parking space and walk them to the entrance. No parent is to exit the car in the loop, as this slows the drop-off line.
- Students arriving after 9:10 a.m. are required to be signed by a parent.
- If you must pick-up your child early, please make every effort to do so by 2:50 so as to not hinder the dismissal process.
- Dismissal begins at 3:10 for Kindergarten students; 3:15 for Grades 1&2; 3:20 for Grades 3-5.
- All parents picking up their child(ren) will need to park in a designated spot and walk to the gym entrance with a photo ID to sign out.
- Students will be escorted from the gym to the entrance to unite with parents. With safety in mind, parents are to remain outside while students are retrieved.
Food Services- Pursuant to USDA guidelines, the Jackson School District will no longer be offering free lunch or breakfast to students in the district. Please complete and return the Free and Reduced Lunch forms if applicable. Please click this link to the Jackson Food Service Department to view prices for breakfast and lunch. The following link can be used to fill out the free and reduced lunch application and to set up an account to purchase items from the cafeteria. http://www.payschoolscentral.com/ If you do not have an application on file from last year you will be charged for lunch starting the first day of school.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer and we are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
Dr. Michael Raymond