- Switlik Elementary School
- Principal's Page
Dear Switlik Families,
March… In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb! It seems like February passed by in the blink of an eye, and I, for one, am looking forward to sun and brighter days!
Before I begin, I want to thank you, our entire Switlik family, for all your continued support this school year.
The month of March is a time of transitioning… We are looking forward to welcoming all our students for 5-days of instructional learning on Monday, March 1, 2021.
Our awesome teachers and staff have been working hard to ensure all students have a safe and successful learning environment.
With our students, teachers and staffs’ health, safety, and well-being in mind, we must continue to complete the Daily Health Screening form on Genesis each day prior to students coming to school. This will eliminate students missing instruction due to a mandatory visit to the nurse for their health screening. Please review the information below:
Daily Health Screening: We have been successful in receiving a Daily COVID Screening from a majority of our parents. Please continue to complete your child’s Daily Health Screening. For those that require a reminder, place a post it note by the coffee pot, refrigerator or set the alarm on your cell phone. We cannot stress enough the importance of parents filling out this form on the Parent Portal each morning that their child attends school in person. It must be filled out 30 minutes prior to your child’s arrival at school. Completing the Daily Health Screening will eliminate your child visiting the nurse’s office in the morning.
- Please read the questions carefully!
- The first question is asking if your child has been FEVER-FREE for 24 hours without the help of fever-reducing medication. So the answer to this question if your child is healthy is YES.
- If you answer incorrectly, when your child gets sent to the nurse and we call you, we can reset the form for you to answer it correctly.
Parent Pick Up via Carline Dismissal:
Switlik has an average of over 90 families picking up their children each day. We thank you for your flexibility and patience as we adjusted our pick up procedures
Designated Pick Up Area- There will be two car lines (1. K-2 & 2. 3-5)for parent pick up at the end of the day
- Families with students in K-2 and 3-5 will follow signs for the carline for K-2.
- Additional security will be on hand for the increase in the Carline dismissal
- Teachers on duty will be outside greeting each car
- Children will be dismissed to their parent/guardian via rolling car line.
- ID will be checked Duty Teacher to initial on parents behalf.
- Child will be called to come out via walkie talkie communication to Gym (Holding Area)
- Students must wear face coverings at all times.
- Face coverings required of all parents in cars while waiting for students.
- Students should try to practice social distancing when exiting the building
To assist us, PLEASE
- Continue to have your Photo ID visible for staff
- Have your last name sign visible to staff on the right side of your dashboard
All parents/guardians are required to wear a mask in the car when picking up their child.
Kindergarten Registration Has Begun! This year Kindergarten Registration will be done BY APPOINTMENT during February and March. Please do not wait to register - it is very important that we process your registration as soon as possible so we can place your child for next year. Please fill out our online Pre-Registration Form, then the supplemental forms and call right away to make your appointment for February and March. Visit our Kindergarten Registration page at www.jacksonsd.org/kindergarten for more info. Forms may also be picked up at our elementary schools.
Please call the Switlik Elementary School as soon as possible to schedule a day and time for new kindergartener’s registration. 732-833-4650 ext. 4136
Free & Reduced Lunch:
Please see important information below regarding Free and Reduced Meals:
- Free and Reduced Meal Applications Should be Submitted ASAP
- Although the government has made meals free for all students for the remainder of this year, all families who believe they qualify for free or reduced meal benefits should still apply so their benefits are in place at the beginning of next school year.
- Please visit our Free and Reduced Meal Application Page ASAP to get your application in right away.
- You can apply online and find out immediately if you qualify!
The next virtual meeting will be on March 24th at 7:00pm. All are welcome to attend. The PTN will be discussing upcoming events for the remainder of the year.
Monthly PTN Meetings:
Mar 24, 2021 07:00 PM
Apr 28, 2021 07:00 PM
May 26, 2021 07:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 951 3983 5281
join: https://zoom.us/j/97594456943?pwd=TVRjK2g1T0VmandZTzY2QUthZGdzZz09 / Passcode: Wf4FkR
We are looking forward to seeing all of our K-5 students in person five days a week!