- Be sure to check and empty your child's take home folder every day.
- Read with your child and practice addition and subtraction math facts to 20 everyday.
- Be sure your child charges their school issued chromebook and brings it to school each day.
- Send in a simple snack each day-we will have time for a snack each afternoon.
- Birthdays can be celebrated in school. If you wish to send in an item, it must be a PREPACKAGED ITEM ONLY.
- If there are any dismissal changes, send in a note that day.
- Review and practice any papers, skills or strategies that are sent home.
- Be sure to join our google classroom and check there daily as it will be our main form of communication.
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would ever like to donate items to our classroom, please see the list below:
~Gallon size ziplock baggies
~Tissues, paper towels
~Simple snacks: goldfish, pretzels
~ Gently used toys, books or puzzles
You can help your child to be a strong reader.
THANK YOU for taking time to read with your child every day. Research shows that children, who read or are read to daily, are the ones that improve in their reading skills and become strong readers and learners!
Talk to your child about the books you read. Ask:
1. Who are the main characters in your book?
2. What is the setting of your book?
3. What is the author’s purpose for writing your book? (Think: Persuade, Inform, Entertain) How do you know?
4. What is the main idea of your book?
5. Is your story fiction or non-fiction and why?
Strategies to use when you come to a word they don’t know:
Use context clues (clues from the pictures and text)
Go back and reread
Look at the beginning and ending sounds
Look carefully at the words
Recall basic sight words (flashcards are helpful)
Chunk the word into smaller segments
Use your finger to slide the chunks together
Please encourage your child to show kindness, respect and appreciation for others!
Keep track of your bucket filling by using:
a calendar to record how you filled someone's bucket, a bucket and place stones inside to keep track or a journal to write about what you did!