Athletic Physical Forms
Note: Please submit original signed forms to your school nurse. We cannot accept physicals or health history updates via email or fax.
Pre-Participation Physical Packet
- As per N.J.A.C. 6A:16, all student athletes are required to have a current sports physical on file which has been approved by our school physician. Your child will not be allowed to participate in any tryouts and/or practices until all forms have been approved.
- Sports physicals must be submitted on a state approved form and completed by a licensed MD or DO (See “Athletic Physical and Permission Forms Link)
- Approved physicals are valid for 365 days from the date of the exam
- If your physical was not completed within 90 days of the start of the season, a Medical History Update form must be completed and submitted (See “Medical History Update Form” below)
- You may check the status of your child’s physical on the parent portal.
- All physicals must be approved by the school physician as per N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2 which requires the school physician to provide written notification to the parent/legal guardian stating approval or disapproval of the student’s participation in athletics based on this physical evaluation. This evaluation and the notification letter become part of the student’s school health record.
Athletic Participation Consent Forms
Please Comple on Parent Portal
If you cannot complete on the portal - you can use this link for the Hard Copy of Athletic Consent Form for 2023-2024
These consent forms provide you with information on sudden cardiac death, opioid use, concussion screening and safety, eye injury, ImPact testing, sportsmanship agreement, authorization to participate, transportation agreement, and participation fees. After your child’s physical has been reviewed and approved by the school physician, you will receive an email inviting you to complete these forms through the parent portal.
Only parents that do NOT have a portal account should use the link above to download hard copies of these forms for submission to the school nurse.
All other parents with access to the Parent Portal should fill out these forms on the portal.
Medical History Update Form (Interim Form)
- The Medical History Update Form is to be completed and submitted ONLY if your child has a valid Pre-Participation Physical on file with the school nurse that has been completed with the last 365 days.
- If the physical was not completed within 90 days of the start of the season or the student has decided to participate in a sport that was not listed on their physical, a Medical History Update form must be completed and submitted to the school nurse (See “Medical History Update Form” Link above).
- A new Medical History Update Form must be submitted every 90 days thereafter until the physical expires.
Due Dates for Private Physicals
Fall Sports: July 9, 2023
Winter Sports: October 20, 2023
Spring Sports: February 13, 2024
ANY PHYSICALS HANDED IN AFTER THESE DATES MAY NOT BE CLEARED IN TIME FOR TRYOUTS.
Official Start Dates for 2022-2023 High School Athletics
Official Start Dates for 2023-2024 High School Athletics
Fall (Football) - August 9, 2023
Fall (Girls Tennis) - August 16, 2023
Fall (All other sports) - August 21, 2023
Winter (Ice Hockey/Bowling/Swimming): November 20, 2023
Winter (All other sports): November 27, 2023
Spring (Tennis): March 11, 2024
Spring (All other sports): March 14, 2024